Search for tag "Hands"
|1817. c. 1817
||Birth of Hand of the Cause Mullá Abu'l-Hasan-i-Ardikání (Hájí Amín), in Ardikán, near Yazd.
||Ardikán, Yazd, Iran, Persia
||Mullá Abu'l-Hasan-i-Ardikání, Hájí Amín, Hands
||Miss Olive Jackson of Manhattan becomes the first black American woman Bahá'í. [BFA1:126–7
The Consulting Assembly of Tihrán, a forerunner of the National Spiritual Assembly, is established. [EB175–6]
Siyyid Mustafá Rúmí and others carry to the Holy Land the marble casket made by the Bahá'ís of Mandalay to hold the remains of the Báb. [BW10:517]
- Four Hands of the Cause are permanent members; nine others are elected by special electors appointed by the Hands. [EB175–6]
|Manhattan, New New York City, Tihrán, Mandalay
||Miss Olive Jackson, Thornton Chase, The Serpent, Consulting Assembly of Tihrán, National Spiritual Assembly, Hands of the Cause of God, Siyyid Mustafá Rúmí, remains of the Báb
|1952 29 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi appoints the second contingent of Hands of the Cause of God. [BW12:375–6; CT202–3 MBW20–1; PP254; ZK47]
- They are Fred Schopflocher, Corinne True, Dhikru’lláh Khádem, Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Músá Banání and Clara Dunn. [BW12:375–6; MWB19–20]
- Shoghi Effendi describes their two-fold function: propagation of the Faith and preservation of its unity. [BW12:376; MBW21]
||Hands of the Cause, Fred Schopflocher, Corinne True, Dhikru’lláh Khádem, Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Músá Banání, Clara Dunn
|1957 10 Nov
||The Hands of the Cause meet in London. [TG157]
||Hands of the Cause
|1968 21 Jun
||The Universal House of Justice establishes the Continental Boards of Counsellors to continue into the future the functions of the Hands of the Cause in the protection and propagation of the Faith. [BBD58–9, 97; BW15:611–13; BW17:319; MUHJ4–5; WG141]
- For details of the eleven Boards and their membership see BW15:612 and WG140–4.
- For pictures of the Counsellors see BW15:614, 615, 618, 619, 622, 623, 625, 627.
||UHJ, CBC, Hands of the Cause
from the main catalogue
- Members of the Universal House of Justice 1963-2014 and Hands of the Cause: Timeline (2003). List of names and dates of all who served on the House of Justice or as Hands. [about]
- Tags are simplified spellings, minus all accents and punctuation, used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches are matched to any part of a tag: searching for mashr will also return Mashriqu'l-Adhkar, or Egyptian will also return Egypt.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- While all documents on this website will hopefully one day be tagged, so far we've only applied a few tags to the main Collection.
However, most events in the Chronology are now tagged.