Search for tag "Herman Grossmann"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1899. 16 Feb
||The third group of Western pilgrims arrives in the Holy Land. [BFA1:145]
Birth of Hermann Grossmann, Hand of the Cause of God, in Rosario de Santa Fé, Argentina, into a family of German background.
- See BFA1:145 for those in the group.
|Rosario de Santa Fe; Argentina
||Pilgrims; Herman Grossmann; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
|1920 After Jul
||The first Argentineans to become Bahá'ís, Hermann Grossman and his sister Elsa Grossman, accept the Faith in Leipzig in 1920.
- They were born in Argentina and emigrated to Germany in 1909.
- Dr Grossman hears of the Faith at a public meeting given by Harlan and Grace Ober at the Theosophical Society. [BW13:869]
||Herman Grossmann; Elsa Grossman; Harlan and Grace Ober; Theosophical Society; First Bahais by country or area
|1951 24 Dec
||Shoghi Effendi appoints 12 Hands of the Cause of God, the first contingent of Hands to be appointed. BBRSM127; BW12:38–40, 374–5; BW13:333–4; MBW20]
- They are Sutherland Maxwell, Mason Remey, Amelia Collins (she had been appointed in 1946, but her appointment had not been made public), Valíyu’lláh Varqá, Tarázu’lláh Samandarí, ‘Alí-Akbar Furútan, Horace Holley, Dorothy Baker, Leroy Ioas, George Townshend, Herman Grossmann and Ugo Giachery [GBF110–11; MBW20; PP253–4]
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Hands of the Cause, Contingents; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; Sutherland Maxwell; Charles Mason Remey; Amelia Collins; Varqa, Valiyullah; Varqa; Tarazullah Samandari; Ali Akbar Furutan; Horace Holley; Dorothy Baker; Leroy Ioas; George Townshend; Herman Grossmann; Ugo Giachery
|1968 7 Jul
||The passing of Hand of the Cause Hermann Grossmann in Neckargemünd, near Heidelberg, (b.16 February, 1899) [BW15p416-421]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
- For his biography see Herman Grossmann: Hand of the Cause of God, A Life for the Faith by Susanne Pfaff-Grossmann.
||In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; Herman Grossmann
|1968 7 Jul
||Hermann Grossman, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Germany. [BW15:416]
- For his obituary see BW15:416–21.
- For cable of the Universal House of Justice see BW15:416 and WG157–8.
||Herman Grossmann; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam