Search for tag "Holy Mariner"
|1863. 26 Mar
||Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Tablet of the Holy Mariner on the fifth day of Naw-Rúz. [BKG154; GPB147; RB1:228; SA163]
- The Tablet is recited by Mírzá Áqá Ján. [RB1:228]
- See GPB147 and RB1:228 for the effect on those present.
- See RB1:228–44 and SA163–5 for descriptions of the Tablet and analyses of its content.
- Immediately after it is chanted Bahá'u'lláh orders the tents to be folded and everyone to return to the city. [GBP147; RB1:228–9; SA163]
- The party has not yet left when a messenger arrives from Námiq Páshá summoning Bahá'u'lláh to the governorate the next day to receive the invitation to go to Constantinople. [RB1:229; SA163]
|Mazra‘iy-i-Vashshásh; Iraq; Constantinople; Istanbul; Turkey
||Bahá'u'lláh; Tablet; Holy Mariner; Naw-Rúz; Mírzá Áqá Ján; Námiq Páshá
from the main catalogue
- Demystifying Bahá'u'lláh's Tablet of the Holy Mariner: History, Translations, Interpretations and Analysis, by Hui Bau (2016). Lengthy compilation, with background information on the Tablet, and commentary from Bau, Adib Taherzadeh, Michael Sours, Jamsheed Samandari, and Aziz Mboya. [about]
- Tablet of Ahmad and Tablet of the Holy Mariner, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Date of publications of translations of the Tablet of Ahmad and the Tablet of the Holy Mariner. [about]
- Tablet of the Holy Mariner, by Bahá'u'lláh. Complete tablet, both the Arabic (officially translated) and the Persian (provisionally translated) sections. [about]
- Tablet of the Holy Mariner, by Bahá'u'lláh (1999). [about]
- Tablet of the Holy Mariner (Lawh-i-Malláhu'l-Quds): Wilmette Institute faculty notes, by Michael W. Sours and Jonah Winters (1999). [about]
- Tablet of the Holy Mariner (Lawh-i-Malláhu'l-Quds): Tablet study outline, by Jonah Winters (1999). [about]
- Tablet of the Holy Mariner (Lawh-i-Malláhu'l-Quds): Study Compilations, by Aziz Mboya (2000). Includes two compilations on references to the Lesser prophets, and mini-compilations on 44 topics: "angels," "apostles," "balance," "call of a prophet," "clouds," "Face of God," "trumpet," etc. [about]
- Tablet to Amir Khan and Tablet of the Holy Mariner, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Three letters about Abdu'l-Baha'is Tablet to Amír Khán; one letter about the Tablet of the Holy Mariner, the "Call of God," and Native American Prophets; short note from David Ruhe about Deganawida. [about]