Search for tag "Holy Year"
|1952 8 Oct
||Holy Year, "The Great Jubilee", October 1952 to October 1953, is inaugurated. [BW12:116; DG84; PP409–10; SBR170–1]
- Centenary celebrations of the birth of Bahá’u’lláh’s mission are initiated. [MBW16–18]
- Four international conferences are scheduled in Kampala, Wilmette (dedication of the Temple), Stockholm and New Delhi. [SETPE2p31-43]
|Kampala; Uganda; Wilmette; United States; Stockholm; Sweden; New Delhi; India
||Great Jubilee; Holy Years; Centenaries; Bahaullah, Birth of Revelation of; Siyah Chal (Black Pit)
|1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice ends the Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre by announcing in a letter that the Bahá’í world has entered the fourth epoch in the Formative Age of the Cause. [AWH39–42; BBD79, 85; BW19:29; VV91]
- The seven major objectives of the Six Year Plan, to begin at Ridván 1986, are outlined. [AWH40]
- On the closing day of the Counsellors' Conference, the Universal House of Justice announced certain features of the Six Year Plan and the methods by which the national goals were to be worked out in consultation between the Counsellors and National Spiritual Assemblies. [Mess63-86p717]
- The year from Ridván 1992 is designated a Holy Year. [AWH40–1]
||Formative Age; Ages and Epochs; Holy Years; Six Year Plan (1986-1992); Counsellors conferences
||Holy Year commences. [AWH40, 90, 95–6; BW92–3:20; VV127, 133]
- For the purpose of the Holy Year see AWH96–7, 107–9 and BW92–3:20, 29–30.
- For the significance of Holy Year see BW92–3:95–6, AWH107-109
||The government of Trinidad and Tobago issues a postage stamp in recognition of the Bahá'í Holy Year. [BW92–3:119; VV133]
- For picture see BW92–3:121.
|Trinidad and Tobago
||Stamps; Holy Years
||A series of postage stamps overprinted with ‘Bahá'í Holy Year' is released by the postal service in Guyana. [BW92–3:122]
||Stamps; Holy Years
|1992 May 29
||The Chamber of Deputies of the government of Brazil paid homage to Bahá’u’lláh. [Bahá'í Newsreel Volume 3 Number 2] [UHJMessage 30Mar92]
- The tribute to Bahá'u'lláh was paid at a plenary session of that body and following that session members joined Post Office officials in the formal launching of a commemorative postage stamp. [VV133]
||Bahaullah, Passing of; Holy Years; Stamps
|1994 19 Oct
||The publication of In the Eyes of His Beloved Servants: The Second Bahá'í World Congress and Holy Year by J. Michael Kafes. This book captures the firsthand experiences of Baha'is from all around the world, who participated in the Baha'i World Congress at Jacob Javits Convention Center in November 1992, as well as experiences Baha'is had during the Baha'i Holy Year. [from the book]
||New York; United States
||World congresses; Holy years
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Six-Year Plan, 1986, by Universal House of Justice (1986). Outline of Baha'i goals for 1986-1992, and collection of letters from the House. [about]