Search for tag "Holy Year"
|1952 8 Oct
||Holy Year, "The Great Jubilee", October 1952 to October 1953, is inaugurated. [BW12:116; DG84; PP409–10; SBR170–1]
- Centenary celebrations of the birth of Bahá’u’lláh’s mission are initiated. [MBW16–18]
- Four international conferences are scheduled in Kampala, Wilmette (dedication of the Temple), Stockholm and New Delhi. [SETPE2p31-43]
|Kampala; Uganda; Wilmette; United States; Stockholm; Sweden; New Delhi; India
||Holy Years; Centenaries
|1986 2 Jan
||The Universal House of Justice ends the Counsellors’ Conference at the Bahá’í World Centre by announcing in a letter that the Bahá’í world has entered the fourth epoch in the Formative Age of the Cause. [AWH39–42; BBD79, 85; BW19:29; VV91]
- The seven major objectives of the Six Year Plan, to begin at Ridván 1986, are outlined. [AWH40]
- On the closing day of the Counsellors' Conference, the Universal House of Justice announced certain features of the Six Year Plan and the methods by which the national goals were to be worked out in consultation between the Counsellors and National Spiritual Assemblies. [Mess63-86p717]
- year from Ridván 1992 is designated a Holy Year. [AWH40–1]
||Formative Age; Six Year Plan; Holy Year; Fourth Epoch
||Holy Year commences. [AWH40, 90, 95–6; BW92–3:20; VV127, 133]
- For the purpose of the Holy Year see AWH96–7, 107–9 and BW92–3:20, 29–30.
- For the significance of Holy Year see BW92–3:95–6, AWH107-109