Search for tag "Ian Semple"
||The International Bahá’í Council is elected for the first time, by postal ballot of the members of the national spiritual assemblies. [BW13:397; MC282]
- The members are Jessie Revell, ‘Alí Nakhjavání, Lutfu’lláh Hakím, Ethel Revell, Charles Wolcott, Sylvia Ioas, Mildred Mottahedeh, Ian Semple and Borrah Kavelin. [MC282]
- See BW13:398 for picture.
- See also BBD118; BBRSM131; BW16:90; CB324; MC168, 242.
||International Baha’i Council; Jessie Revell; ‘Ali Nakhjavani; Lutfu’llah Hakim; Ethel Revell; Charles Wolcott; Sylvia Ioas; Mildred Mottahedeh; Ian Semple; Borrah Kavelin
|1963 22 Apr
||The results of the election of the Universal House of Justice are announced at the close of the morning session of the International Convention: Charles Wolcott, ‘Alí Nakhjavání, H. Borrah Kavelin, Ian Semple, Lutfu’lláh Hakím, David Hofman, Hugh Chance, Amoz Gibson and Hushmand Fatheazam. [BBD231–3; BBRSM131; BW14:425 MC425; SS50; VVXI-XII]
- For a picture of the Hands of the Cause of God with the Universal House of Justice see ZK123.
||Charles Wolcott; ‘Ali Nakhjavani; H. Borrah Kavelin; Ian Semple; Lutfu’llah Hakim; David Hofman; Hugh Chance; Amoz Gibson; Hushmand Fatheazam
|1993 29 Apr - 2 May
||The Seventh Bahá'í International Convention at the World Centre. Those elected to the Universal House of Justice were: Mr. Ali Nakhjavani, Mr. Glenford Mitchell, Mr. Adib Taherzadeh, Mr. Ian Semple, Mr. Peter Khan, Mr. Houshman Fatheazam, Mr. Hooper Dunbar, Mr. Farzam Arbab and Mr. Douglas Martin. [BINS295] [BW93-4p51-58]
- Hugh Chance and David Ruhe announce their retirement. Mr. Chance served since 1963 and Dr. Ruhe since 1968. [BINS295] [BS93-4p57]
- For a report of the Convention see BW93–4:51–8.
- For pictures see BW93–4:52, 53, 54, 57.
||Election of the Universal House of Justice; Mr. Ali Nakhjavani; Mr. Glenford Mitchell; Mr. Adib Taherzadeh; Mr. Ian Semple; Mr. Peter Khan; Mr. Houshman Fatheazam; Mr. Hooper Dunbar; Mr. Farzam Arbab; Mr. Douglas Martin; Hugh Chance; David Ruhe
|2003 29 Apr
||The election of the Universal House of Justice by postal ballot by 1,544 electors from 178 countries. Chosen were Hartmut Grossmann and Firaydoun Javaheri to replace retiring members Mr. Nakhjavani, 83, and Mr. Fatheazam, 79 and re-elected were Farzam Arbab, Kiser Barnes, Hooper Dunbar, Peter Khan, Douglas Martin, Glenford Mitchell and Ian Semple. [One Country Vol.15 Issue1, BWNS207]
||UHJ; Hartmut Grossmann; Firaydoun Javaheri; Farzam Arbab; Kiser Barnes; Hooper Dunbar; Peter Khan; Douglas Martin; Glenford Mitchell; Ian Semple
|2005 21 Mar
||The announcement of the retirement of Mr. Ian Semple and Mr. Douglas Martin from the Universal House of Justice. Mr. Semple served since 1963 and Mr. Martin was elected in 1993. [BWNS359]
||Ian Semple; Douglas Martin
|2005 21 Mar
||The election of Dr. Payman Mohajer and Mr. Paul Lample to the vacancies on the Universal House of Justice. They fill the vacancies created by the departure at Naw-Ruz of Mr. Ian Semple and Mr. Douglas Martin, owing to age and the related needs of the Faith.
||Dr. Payman Mohajer; Mr. Paul Lample; Mr. Ian Semple; Mr. Douglas Martin
|2011 1 Dec
||The passing of former Universal House of Justice member Mr. Ian C. Semple in Switzerland. He served as a member of the Universal House of Justice from 2005 to 2013. [BWNS871]
||Ian Semple; Universal House of Justice; In Memoriam
from the main catalogue
- Semple, Ian Chalmers: In Memoriam, by Anonymous and Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Biography of long-serving member of the Universal House of Justice and frequent contributor to scholarly publications and conferences. [about]