Search for tag "Illinois"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1896. 15 Feb
||Birth of Leroy C. Ioas, Hand of the Cause of God, in Wilmington, Illinois.
||Leroy Ioas; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
|1912 4 May
||Talk to Theosophical Society,
Northwestern University Hall, Evanston, Illinois. [PUP87]
||Evanston; Illinois; United States
||Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Abdul-Baha, Second Western tour; Theosophical Society; Abdul-Baha, Talks other
|1939 22 Sep
||The State of Illinois issues the first Bahá’í marriage licence, authorizing the Spiritual Assembly of Chicago to solemnize Bahá’í marriages and issue Bahá’í marriage certificates. [GPB373]
||Illinois; United States
||Marriages; Recognition; Firsts, Other
|1958 2–4 May
||The third Intercontinental Conference held at the mid-point of the Crusade convenes in Wilmette, Illinois. [BW13:323]
- Hand of the Cause Dr Ugo Giachery, who had been designated by the Guardian as his representative, attends, accompanied by four other Hands of the Cause. [BW13:323]
- For the message of the Custodians to the conference see MC90–8.
- For a report of the conference see BW13:323–5.
|Wilmette; Illinois; United States; America
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Ugo Giachery; Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Teaching; Conferences, Intercontinental; Ten Year Crusade
|1968 22 – 23 Jun
||The first National Youth Conference of the Bahá’ís of the United States opens in Wilmette, Illinois. [BW15:327 8]
- For picture see BW15:325.
|1986 13 Nov
||Zikrullah Khadem (Dhikru’lláh Khádem), Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Skokie, Illinois. (b.1904) [VV123; ZK151]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
- See also Khadem, Zikrullah Khadem: The Itinerant Hand of the Cause of God.
|Skokie; Illinois; United States
||Zikrullah Khadem; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Second Contingent
|1993 23 May
||The first general conference of Health for Humanitarian association of health professionals sponsored by the National Spiritual Assembly of the United States, is held in Evanston, Illinois. [BINS298:7; BW93–4:104]