Search for tag "International Bahai Archives"
|1929 14 Feb
||Work begins on the three additional chambers of the Shrine of the Báb after the rock had been excavated from behind the building during the previous year. [DH154]
- Haji Mahmúd Qassabchí, the builder who had completed the repairs on the House of Bahá'u'llah in Baghdad was chosen to be in charge of the work.
- Originally the centre room had been separated by wooden walls and doors. These were removed and replaced by archways. [SETPE1p164]
- These rooms, when completed, are used as the International Bahá’í Archives. There is a second repository of the archives at this time near the resting place of the Greatest Holy Leaf. [GPB347]
||Bab, Shrine of; International Bahai Archives; Haji Mahmud Qassabchi
||Shoghi Effendi receives the original manuscript of The Kitáb-i-Íqán, in the handwriting of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá with some marginal additions by Bahá’u’lláh, and places it in the International Bahá’í Archives.
||International Bahai Archives; Kitab-i-Iqan (Book of Certitude)
|1952 8 Oct
||Shoghi Effendi announces his decision to launch ‘the fate-laden, soul-stirring, decade-long world-embracing Spiritual Crusade’ in the coming year. [BW12:253–5; MBW411
- For the objectives of the Crusade see BW12:256–14.
- Among the goals to be achieved is the construction of the International Bahá’í Archives building. [BBD22; DH168; MBW43]
- He calls upon the Hands of the Cause to appoint during Ridván 1954 five auxiliary boards to act as their adjuncts or deputies to work with the national spiritual assemblies to execute the projected national plans. [MBW44, BW13p335]
||Spiritual Crusade; International Bahai Archives; Hands of the Cause; Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; NSA
|1953 7 – 15 Oct
||The Asian Intercontinental Teaching Conference is held in New Delhi. [BW12:178]
- For Shoghi Effendi’s message to the conference see BW12:178–81.
- For a report of the conference see BW12:181–8.
- This is the first international Bahá’í gathering ever to be held in the East. [BW12:181; SBR171]
- It is attended by 489 Bahá’ís representing 31 countries. [BW 12:181]
- The design for the International Bahá’í Archives is revealed to the Bahá’ís of the world for the first time at this conference. [DH168]
|New Delhi; India; Asia
||International Bahai Archives; Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Teaching; Conferences, International; Teaching; First conferences
||A plot of land of slightly less than half an acre owned by Farah Sprague, a Covenant-breaker, is purchased, overcoming the final obstacle to beginning the construction of the International Bahá’í Archives. [DH169; MBW73–4]
||Farah Sprague; Covenant-breakers; International Bahai Archives
||Was she the Iranian-born wife of Sidney Sprague? See BFA2p155