Search for tag "International Convention"
||The Universal House of Justice is elected for a second time by delegates from 81 National Spiritual Assemblies. [BW15:557]
- Dr David Ruhe is elected to replace Dr Hakím, who resigned for reasons of ill health. The members were: Amoz Gibson, 'Ali Nakhjavani, Hushmand Fatheazam, Ian Semple, Charles Wolcott, David Hofman, H. Borrah Kavelin, Hugh Chance and David Ruhe. [VV3]
- For a description of the second international convention and pictures see BW14:564–8.
||International Convention; Election; David Ruhe; UHJ
||The Universal House of Justice is elected for the fourth time at the International Convention held in Haifa. [BW17:293]
- For details of the International Convention and pictures see BW17:293–300.
||Election; UHJ; International Convention
||The renovation of the House of ‘Abdu’lláh Páshá in ‘Akká is completed. [BW18:77]
- Delegates attending the fifth International Convention are the first pilgrims to visit it. [BW18:77]
- For pictures see BW18:78–80.
||House of ‘Abdu’llah Pasha; International Convention
|1983 29 Apr - 2 May
||The Universal House of Justice is elected for the fifth time at the International Convention held in Haifa.
- The National Spiritual Assembly of Iran is unable to attend but sends 133 red roses as its gift to its sister Assemblies. [BW18:461]
- For a report of the Convention see BW18:461–4.
- See BW18:462, 464 for pictures.
||The Universal House of Justice is elected for the sixth time at the International Convention held in Haifa. Delegates from 148 National/Regional Assemblies participated. [BINS176; VV97]
- David Hofman and H. Borrah Kavelin announce their retirement. [VV97]
- A gift of a large bowl of 120 roses was received from the Bahá'í of Iran.
||International Convention; David Hofman; H. Borrah Kavelin
|2003 4 Apr
||Given current conditions in the world the Ninth International Convention was cancelled. It had been scheduled for 29 April to 2 May. Ballots from the National Spiritual Assembly members were mailed to the World Centre. The 19 delegates that had been chosen as tellers travelled to the World Centre to count the votes. [BW'02-‘03pg37-38, BWNS202]
||International Baha'i Convention; International Convention