Search for tag "Jiddah"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1844 2 or 3 Oct
||The Báb departs from Búshihr on His pilgrimage. [B57; MH119, 121, GPB9]
- He instructs His followers to await His arrival in Karbalá. [DB86, 87; MH122; SBBH1:23]
- He has been awaiting the letter from Mullá Husayn before starting on His pilgrimage. [DB123; MH117]
- The vessel taking the Báb to Jiddah is probably the Arab sailing-boat named Futúh-ar-Ras`ul. [B69]
- He joined the company of a group of pilgrims from Fárs. [DB76-77]
|Karbala; Iraq; Jiddah; Saudi Arabia
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Pilgrimage of; Mulla Husayn; Ships
|1844. c. Dec
||The Báb and His companions arrive in Jiddah after a rough sea voyage of two months. There they put on the garb of the pilgrim and proceed to Mecca by camel. [B71; DB129, 132]
- See B69–71 and DB130–1 for a description of the voyage.
- Quddús walks from Jiddah to Mecca. [B71, DB132, GPB9]
|Jiddah; Saudi Arabia; Mecca; Saudi arabia
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Pilgrimage of; Quddus; Ships; Camels
|1845 10 Jan
||The Báb reached Medina. From there He proceeded to Jiddah where He took a boat bound for Búshihr. [B75] (See 16 January below.)
||Medina; Jiddah; Bushihr
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Pilgrimage of; Ships
|1845. 12 Feb
||The Báb leaves Medina for Jiddah. [MS2]
||Medina; Jiddah; Saudi Arabia
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Pilgrimage of