Search for tag "John Robarts"
|1901 2 Nov
||Birth of John Robarts, Hand of the Cause of God, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
||Waterloo; Ontario; Canada
||John Robarts; Births and deaths
||John and Audrey Robarts with their two younger children, Patrick and Tina, leave Toronto for their pioneer post in Mafeking (later Mafikeng), Buchuanaland (later Botswana and formerly Bophuthatswana). Older children Aldham and Gerald pioneered to Nigeria and a homefront post respectively. [LOF485-6]
- Later the same year he is appointed to the newly established Auxiliary Board by Hand of the Cause of God Músá Banání. They would return to Canada some 13 years later. [LOF486, 491]
|Canada; Botswana; Nigeria; Africa
||John and Audrey Robarts and their son Patrick and young daughter Tina arrive in Mafikeng and are named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh for Bechuanaland (Botswana). [BW13:449]
||John Robarts; Knights of Bahaullah
||The third contingent of Hands of the Cause of God is appointed: Enoch Olinga, William Sears, John Robarts, Hasan Balyuzi, John Ferraby, Collis Featherstone, Rahmatu’lláh Muhájir and Abu’l-Qásim Faizí. [GBF111; MBW127; PP254, 442; SS47]
- See TG160 for the story of how Enoch Olinga reacted to the news of being appointed a Hand of the Cause of God
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments; Enoch Olinga; William Sears; John Robarts; Hasan Balyuzi; John Ferraby; Collis Featherstone; Rahmatullah Muhajir; Abul-Qasim Faizi
|1966 12 Dec
||The Hand of the Cause John Robarts departed Africa from Cape Town after a stay of nearly 13 years. They were recalled from their pioneer post by the Universal House of Justice to help Canada win the goals of the Nine Year Plan. The objective was to raise 154 local assemblies by 1973 but the count had fallen from 68 to only 50, eighteen less than the number won during the Ten Year Plan and 104 short of the objective.LNW158
||Cape Town; South Africa; Canada
||John Robarts; Hands of the Cause
|1967. 24 - 26 Mar
||The Arctic Policy Conference was held in Toronto. Present were 16 attendees, Hand of the Cause John Robarts, representatives of the National Spiritual Assembly, the Auxiliary Board, the National Pioneer Committee and individuals involved in the teaching work in the Arctic. It was decided to establish Bahá'í houses in Frobisher Bay in the District of Franklin, Baker Lake in the District of Keewatin and Yellowknife in the District of Mackenzie. [SDSC278]
- Photo of Bahá'í House in Baker Lake.
|Toronto; Frobisher Bay; Baker Lake; Yellowknife
||John Robarts; Bahai centres
|1991 18 Jun
||The passing of Hand of the Cause of God, Knight of Bahá'u'lláh, John Aldham Robarts at Rawdon, Quebec. He was born in Waterloo, Ontario 2nd of November, 1901. [VV124]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the third contingent on the 2nd of October, 1957. [MoCxxiii]
- Bahá’í World, Vol. 20, 1986-1992, “In Memoriam,” pp. 801-9.
- For his obituary see BINS250:10.
- For picture see VV124.
- For the story of how he came to learn of the Faith see SBR137.
||Hands of the Cause; Knights of Bahaullah; John Robarts; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
from the main catalogue
- Hands of the Cause of God: Personal Recollections, by Bill Washington (2014). Recollections of A.Q. Faizi, A.A. Furútan, Clara Dunn, Rúhíyyih Khánum, Ugo Giachery, Leroy Ioas, Enoch Olinga, Rahmátu’lláh Muhajir, Bill Sears, Agnes Alexander, John Robarts, Collis Featherstone, and Jalal Khazeh. [about]