Search for tag "Khadijih Bagum"
||Birth of Khadíjih Bagum (daughter of Mírzá `Alí, a merchant of Shíráz), first wife of the Báb, in Shíráz.
||Khadijih Bagum; Bab, Family of; Births and deaths
||The marriage of Siyyid `Alí Muhammad (the Báb) in Shíráz to Khadíjih-Bagum (b. 1821) the daughter of Mirzá 'Ali, a merchant of Shiraz. She had been a childhood friend and sometimes playmate. Their family homes were adjacent. [B46; BBD28, 127; BKG402; RB2:382; DoH107; DB76note3]
- See B80 for a reproduction of the marriage certificate.
||Bab, Life of; Bab, Family of; Weddings; Khadijih Bagum; Bab, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1843 10 Jan
||The Báb dreamed that He drank a few drops of blood from the wounds of the martyred Imám Husayn. After this dream He felt that the Spirit of God had taken possession of His soul. At this moment He received intimation that He was to be a Manifestation of God. [BBRSM14; DB253, HotD23-24]
Khadíjih Bagum apparently recognized her Husband as the promised Qá'im `sometime before the Báb declared His mission after having seen Him wrapt in prayer during the night. He bade her to keep this knowledge concealed. He entrusted her with a special prayer to be used before she went to sleep, the reading of which would remove her difficulties and lighten the burden of her woes.[DB191–2; HotD27; KBWB9-14]
||Bab, Life of; Dreams; Blood; Imam Husayn; Khadijih Bagum; Z****
||Restoration of the House of the Báb began at the request of Khadíjih Bigum. On its completion she took up residence there. [EB232]
||Khadijih Bagum; Bab, House of (Shiraz); Restoration
|1882 11 Nov
||The passing of Khadíjih-Bagum, the wife of the Báb, in Shíráz in the house of her Husband. [BBD127; EB235; KBWB35; DB191; RoB2p387] Note: KBWB35 states that she passed on the 15th of September, 1882.
- Within two hours of her passing her faithful servitor, an Ethiopian slave named Fiddhih, someone who had been a member of the household since the age of seven, passed away as well. Both were interred within the Shrine of Sháh-Chirágh. [BK35]
- Upon her passing Bahá'u'lláh revealed a tablet of visitation for her and later He composed a verse to be inscribed on her tombstone. [RoB2p387]
||Khadijih Bagum; Servants; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; Cemeteries and graves; Z****
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Memories of My Life: Translation of Mírzá Habíbu'lláh Afnán's Khátirát-i-Hayát, by Ahang Rabbani, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). Bio of the life of Habíbu'lláh Afnán-i-A`lá'í, born 1875, especially his years with the family of the wife of the Báb, Khadijih Bagum, and her sister, Zahrá Bagum. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for the wife of the Bab, Khadijih Begum, by Bahá'u'lláh (1997). Translation of and brief commentary on a tablet in honor of Khadijeh Bagum. [about]
- Tahirih, Letter of the Living, and Khadijih Bagum, Wife of the Báb, by Darius Shahrokh, in Windows to the Past (1992). Life stories of two key heroines of Babi history. [about]
- Windows to the Past, by Darius Shahrokh (1992). Deepening talks on 25 topics about Baha'i history and teachings, downloadable in MP3 audio format and PDF transcripts. [about]