Search for tag "Khadijih Bagum"
||Birth of Khadíjih Bagum (daughter of Mírzá `Alí, a merchant of Shíráz), first wife of the Báb, in Shíráz.
||The marriage of Siyyid `Alí Muhammad (the Báb) in Shíráz to Khadíjih-Bagum (b. 1821) the daughter of Mirzá 'Ali, a merchant of Shiraz. [B46; BBD28, 127; BKG402; RB2:382, DoH107]
- See B80 for a reproduction of the marriage certificate.
||Siyyid Ali Muhammad; Bab, Family of; Marriages; Khadijih Bagum
|1844. c. Apr
||Khadíjih Bagum apparently recognizes her husband as the promised Qá'im `sometime before the Báb declared His mission'. He bids her to keep this knowledge concealed. [DB191–2; KB10–14]
||Khadijih Bagum; Bab; Qa'im
||Restoration of the House of the Báb begins at the request of Khadíjih Bigum. On its completion she takes up residence there. [EB232]
||Khadijih Bagum; House of the Bab (Shiraz); Restoration
|1882. 15 Sep
||The passing of Khadíjih-Bagum, the wife of the Báb, in Shíráz in the house of her Husband. [BBD127; EB235; KB35]
- Within two hours of her passing her faithful servitor, an Ethiopian slave named Fiddhih, someone who had been a member of the household since the age of seven, passed away as well. Both were interred within the Shrine of Sháh-Chirágh. [BK35]
||Khadijih Bagum; In Memoriam
from the main catalogue
- Memories of My Life: Translation of Mírzá Habíbu'lláh Afnán's Khátirát-i-Hayát, by Ahang Rabbani, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). Bio of the life of Habíbu'lláh Afnán-i-A`lá'í, born 1875, especially his years with the family of the wife of the Báb, Khadijih Bagum, and her sister, Zahrá Bagum. [about]
- Tablet of Visitation for the wife of the Bab, Khadijih Begum, by Bahá'u'lláh (1997). Translation of and brief commentary on a tablet in honor of Khadijeh Bagum. [about]
- Tahirih, Letter of the Living, and Khadijih Bagum, Wife of the Báb, by Darius Shahrokh, in Windows to the Past (1992). Life stories of two key heroines of Babi history. [about]
- Windows to the Past, by Darius Shahrokh (1992). Deepening talks on 25 topics about Baha'i history and teachings, downloadable in MP3 audio format and PDF transcripts. [about]