Search for tag "Killings"
||Mírzá Taqí Khán is killed in the public bath in Káshán by order of the Sháh on the instigation of the Sháh's mother and Mírzá Áqá Khán. [BBR164–5; BKG72]
- He chooses to have his veins opened and he bleeds to death. [BBR164; BKG72]
||Mirza Taqi Khan; Killings; Public baths; Nasirid-Din Shah, Mother of; Mirza Aqa Khan
||Mu'tuminu's-Saltanih is poisoned in Tihrán on the orders of Násiri'd-Dín Sháh. [BW18:384]
||Mutuminus-Saltanih; Nasirid-Din Shah; Killings; Poison
|1896. 19 Apr
||Násiri'd-Dín Sháh is assassinated on the eve of the celebration of his jubilee. He ascended the throne in 1848 and by the Islamic lunar calendar it marked the 50th year of his reign. [BKG455]
BBRXXIX and BBRSM219 say it was 1 May.
- His assassin, Mírzá Ridá-yi-Kirmáni, a Pan-Islamic terrorist, was a follower of Jamálu'd-Dín-i-Afghání, one of the originators of the Constitutional movement in Iran and an enemy of the Faith. [BBRSM87; GBP296]
- For an account of his assassination see PDC67–8.
- See BKG430–55 for a history of his reign.
- He is succeeded by his son Muzaffari'd-Dín. [GPB296]
- See also CBM54-56.
||Nasirid-Din Shah; Shahs; Qajar dynasty; History (general); Births and deaths; Jamalud-Din-i-Afghani; Killings