Search for tag "Knighthood of the British Empire"
|1920 27 Apr
||`Abdu'l-Bahá is invested with the insignia of the Knighthood of the British Empire in a ceremony in Haifa. [AB443; BBRXXX, 343-5; CH214; DH149; GPB306]
- For the document recommending `Abdu'l-Bahá for knighthood, see BBR344.
- The knighthood is in recognition of `Abdu'l-Bahá's humanitarian work during the war for famine relief. [AB443]
- He accepts the honour as a gift from a `just king'. [AB443]
- He does not use the title. [AB443]
- For Lady Blomfield's account see AB443-4 and CH214-15.
|Haifa; New York
||`Abdu'l-Baha; Knighthood of the British Empire; Lady Blomfield