Search for tag "Lorol Schopflocher"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1929 16 Mar
||In December of 1925 the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of United States and Canada adopted the "Unified Plan of Action" and among the resolutions was to raise some $400,000 over the following three years to construct the first unit of the superstructure of the Temple. By the end of 1926 only $51,000 had been collected and the following year was just as disappointing. At the National Convention in 1928 Fred Schopflocher's donation of $25,000 inspired contributions and the Fund rose to about $87,000 by March 1929. On this day Fred and Lorol Schopflocher contributed a further $100,000. [LoF388-389]
||Montreal; Canada; Wilmette; United States
||Mashriqul-Adhkar, Wilmette; Fred Schopflocher; Lorol Schopflocher; Unified Plan of Action
||The passing of Florence Evaline (Lorol) Schopflocher in Montreal (b.1886)
- Wife of Hand of the Cause of God Siegfried Schopflocher. For his "In Memoriam" see BW7p664.
- She circled the globe nine times on travel teaching tours and visited some 86 countries, many of them multiple times. She travelled to Iran twice visiting parts not previously visited by Western Bahá'ís.
- She visited the Guardian 11 times.
- She had several audiences with King Feisal in Iraq and discussed the question of the House of Bahá'u'lláh in Baghdád with him.
- Favourite themes for her public talks were the World Order letters of Shoghi Effendi and the emancipation and education of women.
- She is interred in the Mount Royal Cemetery in Montreal.
A radiant star went from the West to the East. [BW15p488-489
- Find a grave
|Montreal; Quebec; Canada
||Lorol Schopflocher; Siegfried Schopflocher; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; House of Bahaullah (Baghdad)