Search for tag "Love"
||Birth of Hájí Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn, Mahbúbu'sh-Shuhadá' (`Beloved of Martyrs'), in Isfahán.
||Haji Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn; Mahbubu'sh-Shuhada'; Beloved of Martyrs
|1868. c. Jul
||Principal Bahá'ís in Baghdád are arrested by the Turkish authorities and exiled to Mosul and other places. RB2:333 indicates this took place towards the end of Bahá'u'lláh's stay in Adrianople.[BBR265; BKG247; CH129–30; RB2:333]
- About 70 people are exiled. [GPB178; RB2:334] Estimate given by Hájí Mirzá Haydar-;Alí is 80. (DOH12]
- See BKG184 for an illustration of Mosul.
- See BKG183 for a description of the city.
- See RB2:334 for the hardships suffered by the exiles.
- They remained in Mosul for some 20 years until Bahá'u'lláh advised the community to disband (1885-1886). Their hardship was lessened by generous contributions from the King of Martyrs and the Beloved of Martyrs. A charity fund was established, the first fund of that kind in any Bahá'í community. [RB2:334–6]
||King of Martyrs; Beloved of Martyrs; charity fund
|1879. 12 Mar
||The arrest of Hájí Siyyid Muhammad-Hasan, the `King of Martyrs', and Hájí Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn, the `Beloved of Martyrs'. [BBD 130]
||Haji Siyyid Muhammad-Hasan; the `King of Martyrs'; Haji Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn; the `Beloved of Martyrs'
|1879. 17 Mar
||The martyrdom of Hájí Siyyid Muhammad-Hasan, the `King of Martyrs', and Hájí Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn, the `Beloved of Martyrs'. [BW18:383]
- Their martyrdom is instigated by Mír Muhammad-Husayn, the Imám-Jum`ih, stigmatized by Bahá'u'lláh as the `she-serpent', who owes the brothers a large sum of money. [GPB200–1, ARG172, SDH104]
- Shaykh Muhammad-Báqir, the `Wolf', pronounces the death sentence on the two brothers and the Zillu's-Sultán ratifies the decision. [GPB201]
- The brothers are put in chains, decapitated and dragged to the Maydán-i-Sháh for public viewing. [GPB201]
- For Western accounts of their martyrdom see BBR274–6.
- See SDH112 for the story of the pilgrimage of their families to the Holy Land.
- See BW11:594 for a picture of the memorial to the King and the Beloved of Martyrs.
||Haji Siyyid Muhammad-Hasan; the `King of Martyrs'; Haji Siyyid Muhammad-Husayn; the `Beloved of Martyrs'; Mir Muhammad-?usayn; Shaykh Muhammad-Baqir; the `Wolf'; Zillu's-Sultan
||The tombs of the King of Martyrs and the Beloved of Martyrs in Isfahán are demolished by a mob. [BBR437]
- For Western responses see BBR437-9.
||King of Martyrs; the Beloved of Martyrs; Iranian persecution
|1951 20 Dec
||Roy C. Wilhelm, (b.17 September, 1875) passes away in Lovel, Maine. [BW12:662]
- On his passing Shoghi Effendi designates him a Hand of the Cause of God. (23 December, 1951) [MoCxxii, BW12:662]
- For his obituary see BW12:662–4.
- Find a grave
||Roy C. Wilhelm; Hand of the Cause; In Memoriam; Hand appointed posthumously by Shoghi Effendi
|1963 10 May
||The passing of F. St. George Spendlove (b. 23 April, 1897 in Montreal) in Toronto. He was part of the community of early believers in Montreal where he learned about the Faith after returning from the war in Europe.
The Face of Early Canada, published in 1958, is illustrated with pieces from this collection. A second book, Collectors’ Luck, followed in 1960.
Bahá’í World, Vol. 13, 1954–1963, “In Memoriam,” pp. 895–9.
|1992 10 – 11 Jan
||The first teaching conference of Croatia and Slovenia is held in Kranj. [BINS263:1–2]
||Kranj Croatia Slovenia
||teaching conference of Croatia and Slovenia
|1992 26 – 30 Dec
||The first National Bahá'í Winter School of Bulgaria is held in Lovech, attended by 130 Bahá'ís. [BINS286:1–2]
||Baha'i Winter School
|1993 19 – 21 Feb
||The first Bahá'í Winter School of Slovenia and Croatia, the first Bahá'í school to be held in Slovenia, takes place in Mozirje, Slovenia, attended by 20 adults and seven children. [BINS289:5–6]
||Mozirje; Slovenia Croatia
||Baha'i Winter School of Slovenia and Croatia
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Slovenia and Croatia is formed with its seat in Ljubljana, Slovenia. [BINS317:2; BW93–4:82; BW94–5:25, 3–6]
- For picture see BINS320:9 and BW94–5:35.
|Ljubljana; Slovenia Croatia
|1994 19 Oct
||The publication of In the Eyes of His Beloved Servants: The Second Bahá'í World Congress and Holy Year by J. Michael Kafes. This book captures the firsthand experiences of Baha'is from all around the world, who participated in the Baha'i World Congress at Jacob Javits Convention Center in November 1992, as well as experiences Baha'is had during the Baha'i Holy Year. [from the book]
||New York; NY
||In the Eyes of His Beloved Servants
from the main catalogue
- Development and Dimensions of Love in Marriage, by Hossain Danesh, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Love and Estrangement in the Bahá'í Community, by Arnold Nerenberg: Review, by Sidney Edward Morrison, in dialogue magazine, 2:1 (1987). On personal feelings of alienation in the Baha'i community, self image, and backbiting. [about]
- Will, Knowledge, and Love as Explained in Baha'u'llah's Four Valleys, by Julio Savi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 6:1 (1994). Exploration of some of the "seemingly abstruse" concepts of the Four Valleys. [about]