Search for tag "Marághih"
|1848. 30 Mar
||Mullá Husayn departs for Mázindarán, setting out on foot as the Báb has directed. [DB260; MH144]
- The Báb tells him to visit the Bábís in Khuy, Urúmíyyih, Marághih, Mílán, Tabríz, Zanján, Qazvín and Tihrán before proceeding to Mázindarán. In Mázindarán he is to find `God's hidden treasure'. [DB260; MH144]
- In Tihrán he again meets Bahá'u'lláh. [DB261; MH148]
|Mázindarán; Khuy; Urumiyyih; Maraghih; Milan; Tabriz; Zanjan; Qazvin; Tehran; Iran; Persia
||Mulla Husayn; Baha'u'llah; Báb
|1868. 5 Sep
||Mírzá Yahyá arrives with his entire family but without a single disciple or even a servant. [BBR306]
- Also exiled to Cyprus were four loyal Bahá'ís and they were:
Mishkín-Qalam (Áqá Hussain Isfahání)
Mirzá ‘Alíy-i-Sayyáh-i-Maraghih'í (Mullá Ádí-Guzal)
Áqá Muḥammad-Báqir (Qahvih-chiy-i Mahallátí) (coffee-maker)
- With their arrival Cyprus becomes the first island in the Mediterranean to receive the Faith.
- See also GPB 182 and AB285, 523.
||Mishkin-Qalam; Aqa Hussain Isfahani; Aliy-i-Sayyah-i-Maraghihi, Mirza; Mulla Adi-Guzal; Aqa Abdul-Ghaffar; Aqa Muhammad-Baqir; Qahvih-chiy-i Mahallati; Mirza Yahya
|1924 9 Mar
||Two Bahá'ís are imprisoned for several months in Marághih, Iran, after two mullás stir up trouble against the Bahá'ís. [BW18:388]
||For most of the year severe restrictions are placed on the Bahá’ís of Marághih in Ádharbáyján, the governor of the district effectively suspending all constitutional and civil rights of the Bahá’í community. [BBR472; BW18:388]
- For a list of deprivations see BBR473.