Search for tag "Marion Jack"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1866. 1 Dec
||Birth of Marion Jack, prominent Bahá'í travel teacher, pioneer and artist, known affectionately as ‘General jack' for her services to the Bahá'í community, in Saint John, New Brunswick.
See LDG1:217 for information on her pioneer work.
|Saint John; New Brunswick; Canada
||Marion Jack; Births and deaths
|1911. 22 Sep
||‘Abdu’l-Bahá visited the home of Misses Marion Jack and Elizabeth Herrick, at 10 Cheniston Gardens, Wright's Lane (sometimes given as
137a High Street, Kensington. About 80 people were present.
[ABL48-49, In the Footsteps of 'Abdu'l-Bahá p14]
- The talk was stenographically recorded and published as Discourse by 'Abdu'l-Bahá at the Unity Meeting of Misses Jack and Herrick. September 22nd, 1911. For full text see NBAD233-234.
|London; United Kingdom
||Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Abdul-Baha, First Western tour; Abdul-Baha, Talks at homes; Elizabeth Herrrick; Marion Jack; Publications
|1911 3 Oct
||`Abdu'l-Bahá leaves London for Paris. [AB154; SBR25, In the Footsteps of 'Abdu'l-Bahá p22]
- See ABL113 for details of His last day in London. He left from Victoria Station.
- He was accompanied by many Bahá'ís from England who attended many of the public meeting at which He spoke in Paris. This group included Marion Jack. [NBAD47]
- He remains in Paris for nine weeks. [AB159; GPB280]
- For details of His visit see AB159–68.
- For `Abdu'l-Bahá's talks given in Paris see PT.
|London; United Kingdom; Paris; France
||Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Abdul-Baha, First Western tour; Marion Jack; Abdul-Baha, Life of; Abdul-Baha, Writings and talks of
||Marion Jack paints a view from the Mansion at Bahjí. The painting will eventually hang in the Mansion. [CT174]
||Marion Jack; House of Bahaullah (Bahji)
||Marion Jack arrives in Sofia, Bulgaria, to begin her pioneering service.
|1954 25 Mar
||The passing of Marion Jack (General Jack) at her pioneer post in Sofia, Bulgaria at the age of 87. She had been at her post since 1931. [BWNS385; Never be Afraid to Dare p. 227]
- Shoghi Effendi calls her ‘a shining example to pioneers of present and future generations of East and West’. [CF163]
- For her obituary see BW12:674–7.
- See also BFA2155; MC359.
- For a photo of her gravestone see CBNOct1972p.10.
- See Bahá'í Chronicles for a biography.
- See also Marion Jack: Immortal Heroine by Jan Jasion
- See CBNOctober1979 for tributes as well as a photo of her gravesite.
||Marion Jack; Pioneers; In memoriam; Births and deaths; Pioneers; BWNS