Search for tag "Marjory Morten"
|1932 15 Jul
||The Greatest Holy Leaf, Bahíyyih Khánum, ‘outstanding heroine of the Bahá’í Dispensation’ passes away in Haifa about one hour after midnight. [BW5:169; GPB108]
- Her passing marks the end of the Heroic Age of the Faith. [BBD102; WOB98]
- She is comparable in rank to Sarah, Ásíyih, the Virgin Mary, Fátimih and Táhirih. [GPB347]
- Shoghi Effendi is in Switzerland and immediately goes to Italy to commission a memorial for her grave. [DH156]
- For Tablets of Bahá’u’lláh and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá revealed in her honour see BW5:171–3.
- For Shoghi Effendi’s tribute to her see BW5:174–9.
- For Marjory Morten’s obituary of her see BW5:181–5.
- The design of the monument for the resting place of the Greatest Holy Leaf is a symbol of the Bahá’í administrative order. [CB298]
- See also Bahíyyih Khánum and Gail, Khánum, The Greatest Holy Leaf; BBD42; CB121–2, 305; DH156–61; GBF65–8; PP144–8.
||Bahiyyih Khanum (Greatest Holy Leaf); Heroic Age; Marjory Morten; In Memoriam; Monument Gardens