Search for tag "Marriage"
|1830. c. 1830
||Marriage of Táhirih to her cousin Mullá Muhammad, the son of Mullá Taqí.
||Marriage, Tahirih, Mulla Muhammad, Mulla Taqi
||The marriage of Siyyid `Alí Muhammad (the Báb) in Shíráz to Khadíjih-Bagum (b. 1821) the daughter of Mirzá 'Ali, a merchant of Shiraz. [B46; BBD28, 127; BKG402; RB2:382, DoH107]
- See B80 for a reproduction of the marriage certificate.
||Siyyid `Ali Muhammad, Bab, marriage, Khadijih-Bagum
||Bahá'u'lláh marries his second wife, Fátimih Khánum Mahd-i-‘Ulyá (1828–1904), His cousin, the daughter of Malik-Nisá Khánum (Mírzá Buzurg's sister) and Mírzá Karím-i-Namadsáb.
- Note: According to one source, she was married to the famous cleric Mírzá Muhammad Taqí ‘Allámi-yi-Núrí and widowed before Bahá'u'lláh married her.
||Baha'u'llah, marriage, wife, Fatimih Khanum Mahd-i-‘Ulya, Malik-Nisa Khanum, Mirza Buzurg, Mirza Karim-i-Namadsab
|1939 22 Sep
||The State of Illinois issues the first Bahá’í marriage licence, authorizing the Spiritual Assembly of Chicago to solemnize Bahá’í marriages and issue Bahá’í marriage certificates. [GPB373]
from the main catalogue
- Applications of Positive Psychotherapy for Marriage and Family Therapy, by Nossrat Peseschkian, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Childhood Abuse, and Revoking Parent's Right of Marriage Consent, by Universal House of Justice (1992). Guidance on therapy and recovery from sexual abuse. The abusing parent's right to consent to marriage can be revoked. [about]
- Development and Dimensions of Love in Marriage, by Hossain Danesh, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Developmental Stages in Marriage, by Hossain Danesh. [about]
- Divine Institution of Marriage, The: Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Divine Institution of Marriage, The, by Anonymous, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Faith, Theory, and Practice: Interracial Marriage as a Symbol of the Oneness of Humanity, by Benjamin Leiker (2004). [about]
- Healthy Communication in Marriage, by Hossain Danesh. [about]
- Marriage and Sexuality, by Hossain Danesh (1991). Transcript of a talk at a private home in Springfield, Virginia, recorded and distributed for teaching and deepening. [about]
- Marriage and the Nuclear Family: A Bahá'í Perspective, by Khalil A. Khavari, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). Bahá'í concepts of the purposes of marriage, courtship and dating, family communication, and children. [about]
- Marriage Breakdown in North America: A Psychosocial Perspective, by Kerry Mothersill, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Marriage certificates of The Bab and Baha'u'llah, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 5 (1932-1934) (1934). Marriage certificates of The Báb and Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Marriage, Bahá'í: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1992). Baha'u'llah said everyone should marry. Marriage unites the physical and spiritual in a "fortress for well-being" and provides for the nurturing of children. People should choose partners carefully. Discusses the ceremony, solving problems and divorce. [about]
- Marriage, Consent of Parents to, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá. [about]
- Marriage: the Eternal Principle, by Ruth Eyford and Helgi Eyford, in Bahá'í Studies Notebook, 3:1-2 (1983). [about]
- Marriages, Preserving Bahá'í, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- New Religious Movements, Tolkien, Marriage, by Universal House of Justice (1994). Various questions: new religious movements; Indian Letter of the Living; J.R.R. Tolkien; eternality of the marriage bond; illumination of Baha'u'llah's tablets. [about]
- Recognition of Bahá'í Marriage and Holidays in American State Law (1998). List of sample legal statutes and proceedings from various states, followed by specific legal counsel of the State of Oklahoma regarding recognition of Baha'i holy days.
- Tablet on Marriage, by Bahá'u'lláh (1994). [about]
- Thoughts on Marriage, Some, by Margaret Ruhe (1982). An essay on various aspects of Baha'i marriage. [about]
- Tags are simplified spellings, minus all accents and punctuation, used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches are matched to any part of a tag: searching for mashr will also return Mashriqu'l-Adhkar, or Egyptian will also return Egypt.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- While all documents on this website will hopefully one day be tagged, so far we've only applied a few tags to the main Collection.
However, most events in the Chronology are now tagged.