Search for tag "May Bolles Maxwell"
|1940 1 Mar
||May Bolles Maxwell passes away in Buenos Aires. [BBD153; BW8:631 TG49]
- Shoghi Effendi awards her the honour of a ‘martyr’s death’ and a Disciple of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. [BW8:631; MA38]
- She was the first Bahá'í on European soil and the "mother" of both the French and the Canadian Bahá'í communities. [PP149]
- For the story of her life see BW17:437–8.
- Shoghi Effendi asks her husband, Sutherland Maxwell, to design her tomb, which is to be a ‘historic centre’ for ‘pioneer Bahá’í activity’. [BW8:642]
- For an account of the erection of the monument to her see PSBW83–6.
|Buenos Aires; Argentina
||May Bolles Maxwell; martyr; Sutherland Maxwell; Disciples of Abdul-Baha