Search for tag "Mazra‘iy-i-Vashshásh"
||Bahá'u'lláh celebrates the two-week festival of Naw-Rúz at the Mazra‘iy-i-Vashshásh, a farm along the river Tigris, not far from His house in Baghdád. [BKG154; GPB147; SA163]
||Mazra‘iy-i-Vashshásh; Tigris; Baghdád; Iraq
|1863. 26 Mar
||Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Tablet of the Holy Mariner on the fifth day of Naw-Rúz. [BKG154; GPB147; RB1:228; SA163]
- The Tablet is recited by Mírzá Áqá Ján. [RB1:228]
- See GPB147 and RB1:228 for the effect on those present.
- See RB1:228–44 and SA163–5 for descriptions of the Tablet and analyses of its content.
- Immediately after it is chanted Bahá'u'lláh orders the tents to be folded and everyone to return to the city. [GBP147; RB1:228–9; SA163]
- The party has not yet left when a messenger arrives from Námiq Páshá summoning Bahá'u'lláh to the governorate the next day to receive the invitation to go to Constantinople. [RB1:229; SA163]
|Mazra‘iy-i-Vashshásh; Iraq; Constantinople; Istanbul; Turkey
||Bahá'u'lláh; Tablet; Holy Mariner; Naw-Rúz; Mírzá Áqá Ján; Námiq Páshá