Search for tag "Mazraih"
|1877. 3–10 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh takes up residence at Mazra`ih. [BBD154]
- It takes the repeated pleadings of Shaykh `Alíy-i-Mírí, the Muftí of `Akká, to persuade Him to go. [BBD 154; BKG358–9; GPB192–3]
- See BKG359 and DH89 for a description.
- Bahá'u'lláh resides here for two years with some members of His family while `Abdu'l-Bahá, the Greatest Holy Leaf and Navváb continue to live in the House of `Abbúd. [BBD13, 106; DH89–90]
- See CH136 for the reason why `Abdu'l-Bahá did not live at Mazra`ih.
- Also see DH8994.
||Shaykh Aliy-i-Miri; Mufti of Akka; Bahiyyih Khanum (Greatest Holy Leaf); Navvab (Asiyih Khanum)
||Lilian Barron McNeill, an English Bahá’í, and her husband, a retired British army officer, rent the house at Mazra‘ih. [DH92]
- They restore the house, which has deteriorated, preserving those parts unchanged from the time of Bahá’u’lláh. [DH92–3]
||Lilian Barron McNeill; Mazraih
|1950 16 Dec
||The Guardian appeals directly to Israel’s Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion to recognize the interest of the Bahá’í community in the property known as Mazra‘ih as a holy place. After a protracted struggle to obtain ownership of the property, then a Moslem religious endowment, he leases the site from the Department of Moslem and Druze affairs in the Ministry of Religions. [DH93, GBF137, PP290, CB331, MBW7, Bahá'í News, no. 244, June 1951, p. 4]
||Mazraih; David Ben-Gurion
||The mansion at Mazra‘ih is renovated. [MC219]
||Mazraih; Bahaullah, Houses of; Restoration
|1973 15 Mar
||The mansion at Mazra‘ih is purchased. [BW15:169; BW16:136; DH94; VV14]
From the Ridván message of the Universal House of Justice ...
“The Mansion of Mazra`ih, often referred to by the beloved Guardian as one of the "twin mansions" in which the Blessed Beauty resided after nine years within the walled prison-city of `Akká, and dear to the hearts of the believers by reason of its associations with their Lord, has at last been purchased together with 24,000 square metres of land extending into the plain on its eastward side.” [MUHJ68-73]
from the main catalogue
- Bahá'í Shrines, by John Walbridge, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 3 (1989). [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Revelation of Baha'u'llah volume 4: Mazra'ih & Bahjí, 1877-92, by Adib Taherzadeh (1987). Link to formatted book (offsite). [about]