Search for tag "Mentions"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Across Coveted Lands, by Henry Savage-Landor (1903). [about]
- Dawn over Mount Hira and Other Essays, by Marzieh Gail (1976). A collection of essays on various topics of interest to Baha'i studies and history. Most of these were first published in Star of the West and World Order between 1929 and 1971. [about]
- Glimpses of Life and Manners in Persia: With Notes on Russia, Koords, Toorkomans, Nestorians, Khiva, and Persia, by Lady Mary (Leonora Woulfe) Sheil (1856). Considered first travel book on Persia by a woman. Of particular interest to Baha'is are her accounts on Babism (Babeeism) and the Bab. [about]
- Journalist in the Holy Land, A: Glimpses of Egypt and Palestine, by Arthur E. Copping (1913). [about]
- Left in Contemporary Iran, The, by Sepehr Zabih (1986). Discussion of "urban guerilla warfare" pre-1979 with one passing mention of an unnamed Baha'i businessman as owner of Export Bank. [about]
- Persia Past and Present: A Book of Travel and Research, by A. V. Williams Jackson (1906). A few passing mentions of the Babis. [about]
- S.W. Persia: A Political Officer's Diary 1907-1914, by Arnold, Sir Wilson (1941). Two passing mentions of Baha'is and Babis. [about]