Search for tag "Moderation"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounter with Modernity during His Western Travels, by Wendi Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Abdu'l-Baha's responses to the West's technology and innovations on the one hand, vs. its archaic racist and sexual philosophies on the other. [about]
- Bahá'í: Religion and Diet, by Paul Fieldhouse, in Encyclopedia of Food and Culture (2003). Short overview of fasting, feast, and diet. [about]
- Baha'i Approach, The: Moderation in Civilization, by Arthur Lyon Dahl (1995). Baha'i approach to nature and ecology. [about]
- Chaste and Holy Life, A, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 1 (1991). [about]
- "Easy Familiarity," Explanations of, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum and Ann Boylan (1912). Statements on displays of affection (hugging and kissing) between members of the opposite sex. Also questions on assembly infallibility, and whether one with a minority opinion should vote against his conscience. [about]
- Food, Justice, and the Baha'i Faith, by Paul Fieldhouse (2005). PhD Dissertation tests the claim that "food," both literal and metaphorical, provides a practical way through which Bahá’ís can articulate and achieve their ethical goals. [about]
- Individual Rights and Freedoms, by Universal House of Justice (1988). An important and often-quoted letter about rights and freedom of expression in the Bahá'í community, as contrasted with those in American civil society. [about]
- La Libertad de Expresión, by Universal House of Justice (1988). Spanish translation of "Individual Rights and Freedoms" by the Casa Universal de Justicia. [about]