Search for tag "Most Great Jubilee"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1958 21–28 Nov
||The Second Conclave of the Hands of the Cause convenes at Bahjí. [BW13:347–8; MC118]
- It is attended by 25 of the 27 Hands of the Cause. [BW13:347; MC118]
- The Hands of the Cause call for the election of the Universal House of Justice at the time of the Most Great Jubilee in 1963. BBRSM129; BW13:351; MC122]
||Hands of the Cause, Conclaves; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Most Great Jubilee; Centenaries
|1961 5 Nov
||The Hands of the Cause issue a message from their fifth Conclave. [MC313–23]
- They call for the election of the Universal House of Justice at a convention to be held in the Holy Land on the first, second and third days of Ridván 1963. [CB392; MC321]
- They ask the electors to leave the Hands free to ‘discharge their duties’. [MC321]
- The celebration of the Most Great Jubilee, the Centenary of the Declaration of Bahá’u’lláh, is to be held in London rather than Baghdád, owing to the situation in the Middle East. [MC322]
|Akka; Baghdad; Iraq; London; United Kingdom
||Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Activities; Hands of the Cause, Conclaves; Bahji; Most Great Jubilee; Centenaries; Universal House of Justice, Election of; UHJ
|1963 20 Apr
||The Ten Year Crusade is successfully completed. The achievements of the Ten Year Crusade were celebrated at the Most Great Jubilee in April and May 1963, which commemorated the Centenary of the Declaration of Baha’u’llah’s Mission. Two historic events transpired during that time: the International Convention, convened in Haifa, Israel, to elect the first Universal House of Justice; and the World Congress held in London, England.
- For a summary of achievements during the Crusade see BW13:459–60.
- For countries, islands and dependencies opened to the Faith during the Crusade see BW13:461–2. (259)
- For number of localities in which Bahá’ís reside in different parts of the world see BW13:462. (from 2,000 to more than 11,000)
- For languages into which Bahá’í literature has been translated see BW13:462–4.
- For races represented in the Bahá’í world community see BW13:464.
- For national spiritual assemblies at the end of the plan see BW13:468–9. (from 12 to 56)
|Worldwide; BWC; London; United Kingdom
||Ten Year Crusade; Most Great Jubilee; Conventions, International; Growth; Statistics; Teaching plans
|1963 28 Apr - 2 May
||The first Bahá’í World Congress, the ‘Most Great Jubilee’, is held in London to celebrate the centenary of the declaration of Bahá’u’lláh. [BW14:57]
- For a detailed account and many pictures see BW14:57–80.
- For the programme of speakers see BW14:60–1.
- Some 6,000 Bahá’ís attend.
|London; United Kingdom
||Most Great Jubilee; World Congresses; Centenaries; Bahaullah, Declaration of; First conferences