Search for tag "Musa Banani"
|1886 In the year
||Birth of Músá Banání, Hand of the Cause of God, in Baghdád.
||Musa Banani; Hand of the Cause of God
|1951 2 Aug
||Músá and Samí‘ih Banání; their daughter, Violette and her husband, ‘Alí Nakhjavání; their baby daughter, Bahíyyih; and Philip Hainsworth from England arrive in Kampala, the first pioneers to Uganda.
||Músá Banání; Samí‘ih Banání; Violette Nakhjavání; ‘Alí Nakhjavání; Philip Hainsworth
|1951 3 Aug
||The establishment of the Faith in Uganda with the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Músá Banání, Mrs. Violette and Mr. Ali Nakhjavani, of Iran, with their baby daughter Bahiyyih, and Mr. Philip Hainsworth arrived in Kampala. [Wiki Bahá'í Uganda]
||Kampala; Uganda; Iran; Persia
||Musa Banani; Nakhjavani; Bahiyyih; Philip Hainsworth; Knight of Baha'u'llah
|1952 29 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi appoints the second contingent of Hands of the Cause of God. [BW12:375–6; CT202–3 MBW20–1; PP254; ZK47]
- They are Fred Schopflocher, Corinne True, Dhikru’lláh Khádem, Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í, Adelbert Mühlschlegel, Músá Banání and Clara Dunn. [BW12:375–6; MWB19–20]
- Shoghi Effendi describes their two-fold function: propagation of the Faith and preservation of its unity. [BW12:376; MBW21]
||Hands of the Cause; Fred Schopflocher; Corinne True; Dhikru’lláh Khádem; Shu’á’u’lláh ‘Alá’í; Adelbert Mühlschlegel; Músá Banání; Clara Dunn
|1957 19 Nov
||Nine Hands of the Cause are chosen by Rúhíyyih Khánum to examine Shoghi Effendi’s apartment. [BW 13:341]
- These are the five members of the International Bahá’í Council (Rúhíyyih Khánum, Mason Remey, Amelia Collins, Ugo Giachery and Leroy Ioas), an Afnán (Hasan Balyuzi), a representative of the Hands of the Western Hemisphere (Horace Holley), a representative of the Hands of the African continent (Músá Banání) and the Trustee of the Huqúqu’lláh (‘Alí Muhammad Varqá). [BW13:341]
- After seeing that the seals are intact, the Hands examine the contents of Shoghi Effendi’s safe and desk. [BW13:341]
- The nine Hands sign a document testifying that no Will or Testament of any nature executed by Shoghi Effendi has been found. This is reported to the entire body of Hands assembled in the Mansion of Bahjí. [BW13:341]
- See CB378–9 for an explanation of why Shoghi Effendi left no Will.
||Shoghi Effendi; Hand of the Cause; Ruhiyyih Khanum; International Baha’i Council; Mason Remey; Amelia Collins; Ugo Giachery; Leroy Ioas; Hasan Balyuzi; Horace Holley; Musa Banani; ‘Ali Muhammad Varqa
|1958 26 Jan
||The foundation stone of the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of Africa is laid by Hands of the Cause Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum and Músá Banání. [BW13:317]
||Mashriqu’l-Adhkár; Hand of the Cause; Amatu’l-Bahá Rúhíyyih Khánum; Músá Banání
|1971 4 Sep
||Músá Banání, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Kampala, Uganda. (b.1886) [BW15:42; VV7]
- For his obituary see BW15:421–423.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
||Musa Banani; Hand of the Cause; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - Second Contingent