Search for tag "Mutasarrifs"
||Ahmad Big Tawfíq (Ahmad Bey) becomes Mutasarrif of `Akká. [BBD12, 20; BBR487; DH126–9; GPB192]
- His governorship lasts two years. [BKG337]
- This `sagacious and humane governor' meets `Abdu'l-Bahá and is greatly impressed by Him. The governor peruses some of the writings, which also impress him. [BKG334; GPB191]
- In response to a request for permission to render Bahá'u'lláh some service, the suggestion is made to him to restore the disused aqueduct built to bring water into `Akká, a suggestion which he immediately arose to carry out'. [DH52; GBP192]
- See DH126–9 for history of the aqueduct.
- See BKG333–4 for information on Ahmad Big Tawfíq.
||Ahmad Big Tawfiq (Ahmad Bey); Mutasarrifs; Governors