Search for tag "Obelisk"
|1954 12 Apr
||Shoghi Effendi accepts the bid made by the firm of Enrico Pandolfini of Pietrasanta in Tuscany, Italy for the supply of the obelisk will mark the place of the first Mashriqu'l-Adhkar of the Holy Land. After the delivery of the materials circumstances did not allow for the obelisk to be erected. The Universal House of Justice completed the project in August, 1971.
||BWC; Pietrasanta; Tuscany; Italy
||Enrico Pandolfini; Mashriqu'l-Adhkar; obelisk
||The Universal House of Justice erects an obelisk on the site of the future House of Worship of the Holy Land on land that was purchased in 1953 with a gift of $50,000 from Milly Collins. [MBW63, 78-79, BBD 172; BW15:177–8; DH175; MUHJ83–4, SES18-20]
||UHJ; House of Worship; Mashriqu’l-Adhkar; obelisk; Gifts
from the main catalogue
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-86, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Shoghi Effendi: Recollections, by Ugo Giachery (1973). Biography of Shoghi Effendi from the close standpoint of the author's personal experiences. Short excerpt from book; Part 1 only. [about]