Search for tag "Obligatory Prayer"
|1954 10 Jan
||Dorothy Baker, (b.21 December, 1898) Hand of the Cause of God, dies in a plane crash in the Mediterranean Sea, near the island of Elba. [BW12:670]
- For the Guardian’s cable see BW12:670, CF161.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed her among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
- For her obituary see BW12:670–4.
- See also Freeman, From Copper To Gold.
- See TG229 for a short story about her and a comment from her on the Long Obligatory Prayer.
- See Remembering Dorthy Baker at Bahá'í Blog.
|Mediterranean Sea; Elba; Italy
||Dorothy Baker; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; Obligatory prayer, Long
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Obligatory Prayer and the Mashriqu'l-Adhkár, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Obligatory prayer may be performed at home or in the Temple — in private or in public — but on condition that each believer recite it individually. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Consultation, Portraits, Rakahs, Murtus, and Unknown Language, by Universal House of Justice (2009). Three replies from the Research Department to an individual, dated 2009, 2010 and 2018, on a variety of topics. [about]
- Contacting the Universal House of Justice; Obligatory Prayer, Greatest Name, Exemptions, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Procedures on contacting the Universal House of Justice; memorandum on obligatory prayer, reciting the Greatest Name, and exemptions from prayer. [about]
- Daily Devotions: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1993). A summary of Bahá'í laws on daily obligatory prayer, reading the Writings, and meditation. [about]
- Exemption from Obligatory Prayer for the Sick, by Universal House of Justice (2000). [about]
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book): The Obligatory Prayers, by Universal House of Justice and Ismael Velasco (2000). [about]
- Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Further Application of, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Announcement to the Baha'i world that all elements of the laws dealing with obligatory prayer and fasting are now applicable.
- Legislative Responsibilities of the Universal House of Justice Regarding Obligatory Prayers, Guardian's Statement on, by Universal House of Justice (1995). Brief note about which aspects of obligatory prayer the House may one day legislate on. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer and Fasting, The Importance of, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in The American Baha'i, 31:7 (2000). [about]
- Obligatory Prayer Reminder Script: Applescript code for Entourage 2004 (Macintosh only), by Brett Zamir. Microsoft Entourage apple script to remind one to say the obligatory prayer before sunset. Script retrieves the sunset time from the internet for your local area and uses that as a basis for the reminder. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Ablutions, and Repetition of the Greatest Name, by Universal House of Justice (2004). On recitation of the specific verses associated with the performance of ablutions for the medium Obligatory Prayer. Includes compilation of references regarding repetition of the Greatest Name 95 times per a Day. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Exemption from, by Shoghi Effendi and Universal House of Justice Research Department. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Questions about, by Universal House of Justice (2000). Answers to four questions about reciting prayers at meetings; changing language gender; repetition of Greatest Name; and raising hands. [about]
- Obligatory Prayers and Ablutions, by Universal House of Justice and Bahá'u'lláh, in Bahá'í Studies Bulletin, 4:3-4 (1991). Letter from the House on missing prayers due to ailment, an insecure environment, or an inability to speak. Followed by a brief compilation. [about]
- Out of Jewish Roots: Studies of Prayer Patterns in Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Bahá'í Worship, by Ted Brownstein, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 7 (2006). [about]
- Passing Comments on the Long Obligatory Prayer of Bahá'u'lláh, Some, by Bill Washington, in Bahá'í Studies in Australasia vol. 3 (1996). [about]
- Physical disability preventing genuflections of Long Obligatory Prayer, by Universal House of Justice (2000). How can a believer with physical disabilities say the Long Obligatory Prayer, which requires genuflections. Preceded by original question asked. [about]
- Prayer and Worship, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time (1996). An overview of devotional practices and prayers in Babism and the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Prayers and rituals in the Bahá'í Faith: Introduction to A Tablet to Jináb-i-Mullá 'Alí-Akbar fí Ardi'l-Álif, by Julio Savi and Faezeh Mardani, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 9 (2008). [about]
- Searching for God in time and memory: An examination of Bahá'í prayer as 'remembrance', by Christopher White, in Reason and Revelation: Studies in the Babi and Bahá'í Religions, 13 (2002). Describes Bahá'í prayer practices as a way to understand the human self and the Divine and overcoming the gap between the two. [about]
- Short Obligatory Prayer in Conlangs (2014). Provisional translation of the Baha'i prayer in Esperanto, Klingon, Interlingua, and 10 other "constructed languages." [about]
- Short Obligatory Prayer in Many Languages, in Bahá'í World (1981). Two documents: Short Obligatory Prayer in 501 languages (as published in Baha'i World), and in a collection of African languages. [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]
- Комментарии к Пространной обязательной молитве, by Bill Washington (1996). Комментарий к Пространной обязательной молитве Бахауллы [about]