Search for tag "Obligatory prayer"
|1954 10 Jan
||Dorothy Baker, (b.21 December, 1898) Hand of the Cause of God, dies in a plane crash in the Mediterranean Sea, near the island of Elba. [BW12:670]
- For the Guardian’s cable see BW12:670, CF161.
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed her among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
- For her obituary see BW12:670–4.
- See also Freeman, From Copper To Gold.
- See TG229 for a short story about her and a comment from her on the Long Obligatory Prayer.
||Dorothy Baker; Long Obligatory Prayer; In Memoriam; Appointment Hand - First Contingent
from the main catalogue
- Bahá'í Obligatory Prayer and the Mashriqu'l-Adhkár, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Obligatory prayer may be performed at home or in the Temple — in private or in public — but on condition that each believer recite it individually. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Contacting the Universal House of Justice; Obligatory Prayer, Greatest Name, Exemptions, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Procedures on contacting the Universal House of Justice; memorandum on obligatory prayer, reciting the Greatest Name, and exemptions from prayer. [about]
- Daily Devotions: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1993). A summary of Bahá'í laws on daily obligatory prayer, reading the Writings, and meditation. [about]
- Exemption from Obligatory Prayer for the Sick, by Universal House of Justice (2000). [about]
- Kitáb-i-Aqdas (Most Holy Book): The Obligatory Prayers, by Universal House of Justice and Ismael Velasco (2000). [about]
- Laws of the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Further Application of, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Announcement to the Baha'i world that all elements of the laws dealing with obligatory prayer and fasting are now applicable.
- Legislative Responsibilities of the Universal House of Justice Regarding Obligatory Prayers, Guardian's Statement on, by Universal House of Justice (1995). Brief note about which aspects of obligatory prayer the House may one day legislate on. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer and Fasting, The Importance of, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in The American Baha'i, 31:7 (2000). [about]
- Obligatory Prayer Reminder Script: Applescript code for Entourage 2004 (Macintosh only), by Brett Zamir. Microsoft Entourage apple script to remind one to say the obligatory prayer before sunset. Script retrieves the sunset time from the internet for your local area and uses that as a basis for the reminder. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Ablutions, and Repetition of the Greatest Name, by Universal House of Justice (2004). On recitation of the specific verses associated with the performance of ablutions for the medium Obligatory Prayer. Includes compilation of references regarding repetition of the Greatest Name 95 times per a Day. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Exemption from, by Shoghi Effendi and Universal House of Justice Research Department. [about]
- Obligatory Prayer, Questions about, by Universal House of Justice (2000). Answers to four questions about reciting prayers at meetings; changing language gender; repetition of Greatest Name; and raising hands. [about]
- Obligatory Prayers and Ablutions, by Universal House of Justice and Bahá'u'lláh, in Bahá'í Studies Bulletin, 4:3-4 (1991). Letter from the House on missing prayers due to ailment, an insecure environment, or an inability to speak. Followed by a brief compilation. [about]
- Passing Comments on the Long Obligatory Prayer of Bahá'u'lláh, Some, by Bill Washington, in Bahá'í Studies in Australasia vol. 3 (1996). [about]
- Physical disability preventing genuflections of Long Obligatory Prayer, by Universal House of Justice (2000). How can a believer with physical disabilities say the Long Obligatory Prayer, which requires genuflections. Preceded by original question asked. [about]
- Short Obligatory Prayer in Many Languages, in Bahá'í World (1981). Two documents: Short Obligatory Prayer in 501 languages (as published in Baha'i World), and in a collection of African languages. [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]