Search for tag "Principles"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounter with Modernity during His Western Travels, by Wendi Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). Abdu'l-Baha's responses to the West's technology and innovations on the one hand, vs. its archaic racist and sexual philosophies on the other. [about]
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Explanation of the Teachings of Bahá'u'lláh Tablets and Talks Translated into English (1911-1920), by Peter Terry, in Lights of Irfan, Book 1 (2000). [about]
- Fundamental Verities, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Meaning of the phrase "fundamental verities of the Faith" in the writings of Shoghi Effendi. [about]
- Role of Principles in the Bahá'í Faith: Principles and Fashion, by Farjam Majd, in Lights of Irfan, 14 (2013). A hierarchical tree-like model of the world can aid in understanding the following questions: are values relative or absolute? Is it old-fashioned to live with a moral code? Should we be conservative or progressive? Should our beliefs change over time? [about]
- Study Guide of the Tablet of Maqsúd, by Marco Oliveira (2009). The Tablet of Maqsúd is a good presentation of the principles and teachings of the Bahá’í Faith. Its structure is suitable for a first contact with the Bahá'í Writings. [about]