Search for tag "Purest Branch"
|1870. 23 Jun
||Mírzá Mihdí dies from his injuries 22 hours after his fall. [BKG311–12; GPB188; RB3:208]
- See BKG313, GPB188 and RB3:210 for the prayer of Bahá'u'lláh for His son.
- He is interred in the cemetery next to the shrine of Nabí Sálih in `Akká. [GBP188; RB3:209]
- Also see BBD155, BKG311–14, RB3:204–20.
||Mirza Mihdi; The Purest Branch
||Shoghi Effendi orders from Italy twin monuments similar in style to that of the Greatest Holy Leaf and seeks permission from the British authorities to reinter the remains of Navváb and the Purest Branch on Mount Carmel near those of Bahíyyih Khánum and the Holy Mother. [DH162; PP259]
||Navvab; Purest Branch; Mount Carmel; Bahiyyih Khanum; Holy Mother
|1939 3 Dec
||Shoghi Effendi obtains permission from the British authorities in Palestine to reinter the bodies of Navváb and the Purest Branch on Mount Carmel. [DH162; PP260]
- For the report of the Haifa District Commissioner see BBR460–1.
||Navváb; Purest Branch; Mount Carmel
|1939 5 Dec
||Shoghi Effendi disinters the remains of Navváb and the Purest Branch. [DH162; PP260]
- He goes at daybreak to ‘Akká cemetery and removes the remains of Navváb to a new coffin. [DH162; PP260]
- He then goes to the Nabí Sálib cemetery and transfers the remains of the Purest Branch to a second new coffin. [DH162; PP260]
- He transports them to Mount Carmel, near the grave of the Greatest Holy Leaf. [DH162; PP260]
- For his cable announcing this to the Bahá’í world see BW8:245 and DH162 and PP261.
|‘Akká; Mount Carmel
||Navváb; Purest Branch
|1939 24 Dec
||Shoghi Effendi reinters the remains of Navváb and the Purest Branch. [DH162; GBF116; GPB347–8]
- Two vaults are cut into the solid rock in the garden area near the monument of the Greatest Holy Leaf. [DH162]
- For Shoghi Effendi’s cable announcing this see DH162 and PP262.
- For Shoghi Effendi’s letters and cables concerning this see BW8:245–53.
- For a description of the reinterment see BW8:253–8.
- For the prayer of visitation to the resting place of Navváb see BW8:251 and DH166.
||Navváb; Purest Branch; Greatest Holy Leaf; prayer of visitation
|1940 9 Feb
||The monuments of Navváb and the Purest Branch are dedicated at a ceremony in Haifa. [ZK293]
- For details of the ceremony, see ZK293–6.
||Navváb; Purest Branch
||The Purest Branch Project in Belize results in over a thousand people becoming Bahá'ís from the Garifuna population around Dangriga.
||Purest Branch Project; Garifuna