Search for tag "Queen Marie"
|1926 28 Jan
||Martha Root sends a note and a copy of Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era to Queen Marie of Romania. [GBF42; GPB390; MR242]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie; Esslemont
|1926 30 Jan
||Martha Root meets with Queen Marie of Romania for the first time. [BBR59; GBF42; GPB390; PP107, HEC49]
- For the details of the meeting and the acceptance of the Faith by Queen Marie see GBP389–96 and MR240–6.
- This was the first of eight meetings between Martha Root and Queen Marie.
||Martha Root; Queen Marie; Bahai royalty
|1926 4 May
||Queen Marie of Romania writes three articles as a testimonial to the Bahá’í Faith for a syndicated series entitled ‘Queen’s Counsel’, which appears in over 200 newspapers in the United States and Canada. [BBR61, HEC57-58, MR245, BW2p174-6]
- For text of the articles see BBR60–1.
- For Shoghi Effendi’s response see BA110–13 and UD56–8.
||Queen Marie; Queen’s Counsel’
||The intended pilgrimage of Queen Marie of Romania to the Bahá’í Shrines is thwarted. [GBF49; GPBXVIII; PP114]
- For details of this episode see GBF49–50 and PP113–16.
||Queen Marie; pilgrimage
|1934 23 Jan
||Shoghi Effendi gives Queen Marie of Romania the gift of a Tablet in the handwriting of Bahá’u’lláh. [GBF50; PP116]
||Shoghi Effendi; Queen Marie; Gifts
||Martha Root meets with Queen Marie of Romania for the eighth and last time. [MRHK413]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie
|1938 25 Jul
||The passing of Queen Marie of Romania. [BBD144; GPB395]
- For her services to the Bahá’í Faith see GPB389–96.
- For tributes paid by her to the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:269–71.
- For her relationship with the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:271–6.
- For tributes to her see BW8276–82.
from the main catalogue
- Namibia, Pacific Islands, Queen Marie, and Emeric Sala (2005). [about]
- Picture Gallery of Early British Bahá'ís (1998). Published in honor of the UK Baha'i Centenary, 1998/99. [about]
- Queen Victoria and the Bahá'í Fath: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1999). [about]