Search for tag "Queen Marie of Romania"
|1926 28 Jan
||Martha Root sends a note and a copy of Bahá’u’lláh and the New Era to Queen Marie of Romania. [GBF42; GPB390; MR242]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie of Romania; Esslemont
|1926 30 Jan
||Martha Root meets with Queen Marie of Romania for the first time. [BBR59; GBF42; GPB390; PP107, HEC49]
- For the details of the meeting and the acceptance of the Faith by Queen Marie see GBP389–96, BW6p580 and MR240–6.
- This was the first of eight meetings between Martha Root and Queen Marie.
||Martha Root; Queen Marie of Romania; Bahai royalty
|1926 4 May
||Queen Marie of Romania writes three articles as a testimonial to the Bahá’í Faith for a syndicated series entitled ‘Queen’s Counsel’, which appears in over 200 newspapers in the United States and Canada. [BBR61, HEC57-58, MR245, BW2p174-6]
- For text of the articles see BBR60–1.
- For Shoghi Effendi’s response see BA110–13 and UD56–8.
|United States; Romania
||Queen Marie of Romania; Newspaper articles
||The intended pilgrimage of Queen Marie of Romania to the Bahá’í Shrines was thwarted. [GBF49; GPBXVIII; PP114]
- For details of this episode see GBF49–50 and PP113–16.
- In addition to visiting the Shrines Queen Marie had anticipated visiting her childhood friend, Lillian McNeill. She and her husband were resident in Mazra'ih at this time. [BW19p779-782]
||Queen Marie of Romania; Pilgrimage; House of Bahaullah (Mazraih); Lilian Barron McNeill
|1934 23 Jan
||Shoghi Effendi gaves Queen Marie of Romania the gift of a Tablet in the handwriting of Bahá’u’lláh. [GBF50; PP116]
||Shoghi Effendi, Life of; Queen Marie of Romania; Gifts; Manuscripts; Shoghi Effendi, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded
||Martha Root met with Queen Marie of Romania for the eighth and last time. [MRHK413]
||Martha Root; Queen Marie of Romania
|1938 25 Jul
||The passing of Queen Marie of Romania. [BBD144; GPB395]
- For her services to the Bahá’í Faith see GPB389–96.
- For tributes paid by her to the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:269–71.
- For her relationship with the Bahá’í Faith see BW8:271–6.
- For tributes to her see BW8276–82.
||Queen Marie of Romania; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
|1949 16 Aug
||The passing of Lilian Vaughan McNeill (b.1 December, 1879). In May, 1931 she and her husband, Brigadier General Angus McNeill had taken a lease on the abandoned property at Mazra'ih where they lived until her passing. They had restored the house and property respecting the fact that Bahá'u'lláh and His family had lived there from June 1877 until September, 1879. In 1981 the staff at the Bahá'í World Centre discovered her simple grave in the Commonwealth Cemetery in Haifa and, with the permission of her family, erected a befitting and dignified memorial.
She had been a childhood friend of Marie Alexandra Victoria (Queen Marie of Romania).
During her latter years at Maza'ih she wrote a series of short stories, some of which were published in the local English-language newspaper. [BW19p779-782]
||In Memoriam; Lilian Barron McNeill; Angus McNeill; House of Bahaullah (Mazraih); Cemeteries and graves; Queen Marie of Romania
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Namibia, Pacific Islands, Queen Marie, and Emeric Sala (2005). [about]
- Picture Gallery of Early British Bahá'ís (1998). Published in honor of the UK Baha'i Centenary, 1998/99. [about]
- Queen Victoria and the Bahá'í Fath: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (1999). [about]
- Shoghi Effendi in Oxford, by Riaz Khadem, and Her Eternal Crown, Queen Marie of Romania and the Bahá'í Faith, by Della Marcus: Reviews, by Lil Osborn, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 10 (2001). [about]