Search for tag "Ridá Big"
|1866 c. Mar
||Bahá'u'lláh reveals the Lawh-i-Bahá in honour of Khátún Ján, a believer and close friend of Táhirih. [RB2:171, 179]
- It was probably revealed just before He took up residence in the house of Ridá Big. [RB2:171]
- This is the first Tablet in which Bahá'u'lláh uses the term ‘people of Bahá' to refer to His followers, to distinguish them from the ‘people of the Bayán'. [RB2:179]
|Adrianople; Edirne; Turkey
||Lawh-i-Baha; Khatun Jan; Tahirih; Rida Big
|1866. 10 Mar
||Bahá'u'lláh and His family withdraw from the house of Amru'lláh, the residence shared with the exiles, and go to the house of Ridá Big. [BKG230; GPB167; RB2:162]
- He stays in this house for about one year. [GPB168]
- See BKG235 for a description of the house of Ridá Big.
Bahá'u'lláh goes into isolation for two months. He orders that all of the family's goods should be divided. The companions are to choose between Himself and Azal. This has become known as the ‘Most Great Separation'. [BBRSM67; BKG230–2; GPB167–8; RB2:162]
- See BKG231–2, GPB167 and RB2:163 for the effect of this.
- See BBRSM59–60 for a description of Azal's leadership.
||Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Banishment of; House of Amrullah; Rida Big; Mirza Yahya (Subh-i-Azal); Most Great Separation