Search for tag "Ruhi Afnan"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1924 22 Sep-3 Oct
||The conference `Some Living Religions within the British Empire' is held in London. [BW2:225; ER233; GPB342]
- For details of the planning of the conference and its outcome see ER231-5.
- For Shoghi Effendi's attitude to the conference see UD17, 19, 21-2, 245.
- Two papers about the Bahá'í Faith are read at the conference, one by Horace Holley read by Mountfort Mills and the other by Rúhí Afnán. [BW2:225; ER232-3; SBR73]
- For texts of the papers see BW2:227-42.
- Note that a paper was delivered by Richard St. Barbe Baker. As a result of attending the conference he met a Bahá'í and dedicated the rest of his life in service to the Cause. [Baha'i Chronicles]
|London; United Kingdom
||Conferences, Other; Shoghi Effendi, Life of; Horace Holley; Mountfort Mills; Ruhi Afnan; Afnan; Richard St Barbe Baker; Interfaith dialogue
|1941 2 Nov
||Shoghi Effendi sent two cables the the National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United States and Canada. The first was to announce that Thrayyá Afnán, the daughter of 'Abdul-Bahá's fifth daughter, Tubá Khnum, had married Faydí Afnan, a known Covenant-breaker and son of Siyyid 'Alí who had supported Mírzá Muhammad-'Alí.
The second concerned the family of Ruhi Afnán, Shoghi Effendi's younger cousin. He had also married into a family of Covenant-breakers and had failed to get the Guardian's approval for his second trip to North America and for a trip to England. Shoghi Effendi had concealed Ruhi's activities for some time prior. [BN no 149]
||Covenant-breakers; Thrayya Afnan; Ruhi Afnan; Z****