Search for tag "Saidul-Ulama"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1848. 10 Oct
||Mullá Husayn and his company arrive near Bárfurúsh. The Sa`ídu'l-`Ulamá, threatened by their presence, has stirred up the townspeople, who go out to meet them. Some three or four miles from the city they clash and seven of Mullá Husayn's companions are killed. [B172; BW18:381; DB329–31; MH192–3]
MH188 says that the journey from Mashhad had taken 83 days.
- In the ensuing battle, the townspeople are worsted. They beg for peace and a truce is agreed. [B172; DB336; MH197]
- It was here that Mullá Husayn cut a man, a musket and a tree with one blow from his sword. [B172; DB 330–1; MH193]
- Mullá Husayn and his companions take shelter in a caravanserai. Three young men who mount the roof to raise the call to prayer are each met with a bullet and killed. Mullá Husayn gives the command to attack the townspeople, who are again routed. [BW18:381; DB337–8; MH201–5]
- Mullá Husayn and his companions are offered safe passage by the town's leaders if they will leave Bárfurúsh. They agree but are attacked by their escort, Khusraw-i-Qádí-Kalá'í and his hundred men. [B172; DB338–42; MH206–9]
|Barfurush; Iran; Persia
||Mulla Husayn; Saidul-Ulama
- Tags are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Apostrophes and accents are removed. `Abdu'l-Bahá will be searched as Abdul-Baha.
- Searches match parts of a tag: searching for mashr will also show Mashriqul-Adhkar, or Egyptian will also show Egypt.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.