Search for tag "Sexuality"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Faith and Sexuality, by R. Jackson Armstrong-Ingram (1996). A selection of internet postings from January-February 1996 on the teachings, history, and laws of the Baha'i Faith regarding sexuality, concluding with a discussion of some biological meanings of "gender." [about]
- Bahá'í Youth and Sexuality: A Personal/Professional View, by Sharon Kennedy and Andrew Kennedy, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1:1 (1988). [about]
- Challenges for Bahá'í Youth in a Western Way of Life, by Universal House of Justice (2013). Difficulties young people might face in upholding Baha'i ideals and standards of behaviour in the context of Western culture and sexual mores. [about]
- Chaste and Holy Life, A, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 1 (1991). [about]
- "Easy Familiarity," Explanations of, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum and Ann Boylan (1912). Statements on displays of affection (hugging and kissing) between members of the opposite sex. Also questions on assembly infallibility, and whether one with a minority opinion should vote against his conscience. [about]
- Marriage and Sexuality, by Hossain Danesh (1991). Transcript of a talk at a private home in Springfield, Virginia, recorded and distributed for teaching and deepening. [about]
- Nudity in Art, by Universal House of Justice (2008). There is no objection to artists depicting the human body from nude models, nor to Bahà’is acting as models; the main consideration is the intention of the artist. [about]
- Provisions for Sexuality in the Kitab-i-Aqdas in the Context of Late Nineteenth Century Sexual Ideologies, by R. Jackson Armstrong-Ingram (1996). [about]
- Tablets and Utterances of 'Abdu'l-Bahá Quoted in Compilations and Letters of the Universal House of Justice, by Universal House of Justice (2003). Discusses the authenticity of quotations included in letters from the Universal House of Justice, plus comments on pilgrims' notes. [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]