Search for tag "Shaykh `Ali"
||Death of Shaykh `Alí, son of Shaykh Ahmad. Shaykh Ahmad considers this loss as a sacrifice for `the Alí whose advent we all await'. [MH24]
||Shaykh `Ali; Shaykh Ahmad
|1871. 4 Aug
||Shaykh `Alíy-i-Sayyáh, one of the Bahá'ís imprisoned in Cyprus, dies, allegedly of poisoning. [BBR306, Four on an Island, Forward]
- Subsequently Mishkín-Qalam marries the widow of Sayyáh. [BBR 306, Four on an Island pg.24]
||Shaykh `Aliy-i-Sayyah; M; ishkin-Qalam
|1877. 3–10 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh takes up residence at Mazra`ih. [BBD154]
- It takes the repeated pleadings of Shaykh `Alíy-i-Mírí, the Muftí of `Akká, to persuade Him to go. [BBD 154; BKG358–9; GPB192–3]
- See BKG359 and DH89 for a description.
- Bahá'u'lláh resides here for two years with some members of His family while `Abdu'l-Bahá, the Greatest Holy Leaf and Navváb continue to live in the House of `Abbúd. [BBD13, 106; DH89–90]
- See CH136 for the reason why `Abdu'l-Bahá did not live at Mazra`ih.
- Also see DH8994.
||Shaykh `Aliy-i-Miri; Mufti of `Akka; Greatest Holy Leaf; Navvab