Search for tag "Shaykh Ali"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||Death of Shaykh `Alí, son of Shaykh Ahmad. Shaykh Ahmad considered this loss as a sacrifice for `the Alí whose advent we all await'. [MH24]
||Shaykh Ali; Shaykh Ahmad-i-Ahsai; Births and deaths; Sacrifice; Shaykhism
|1871. 4 Aug
||Shaykh `Alíy-i-Sayyáh, one of the Bahá'ís imprisoned in Cyprus, dies, allegedly of poisoning. [BBR306, Four on an Island, Forward]
- Subsequently Mishkín-Qalam marries the widow of Sayyáh. [BBR 306, Four on an Island pg.24]
||Shaykh Aliy-i-Sayyah; Mishkin-Qalam
|1877. 3–10 Jun
||Bahá'u'lláh takes up residence at Mazra`ih. [BBD154]
- It takes the repeated pleadings of Shaykh `Alíy-i-Mírí, the Muftí of `Akká, to persuade Him to go. [BBD 154; BKG358–9; GPB192–3]
- See BKG359 and DH89 for a description.
- Bahá'u'lláh resides here for two years with some members of His family while `Abdu'l-Bahá, the Greatest Holy Leaf and Navváb continue to live in the House of `Abbúd. [BBD13, 106; DH89–90]
- See CH136 for the reason why `Abdu'l-Bahá did not live at Mazra`ih.
- Also see DH8994.
||House of Bahaullah (Mazraih); Bahaullah, Houses of; Bahaullah, Life of; Shaykh Aliy-i-Miri (Mufti of Akka); Bahiyyih Khanum (Greatest Holy Leaf); Navvab (Asiyih Khanum); Bahaullah, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded; - Bahai World Centre buildings, monuments and gardens; World Centre