Search for tag "Shrine of Baha’u’llah"
||The owners of a house near the Shrine of Bahá’u’lláh flee and the house becomes government property. [DH226]
- Shoghi Effendi restores the house and makes it a pilgrim house. [DH226]
- He acquires the title in about 1956 as part of the exchange of the Ein Gev properties. [DH226]
||Shrine of Baha’u’llah
|1958 1 Nov
||The monument marking Shoghi Effendi’s resting place is completed. [MC117]
- Dust from the Shrine of Bahá’u’lláh is placed in the foundations. [MC117]
- For a description of the resting place see BBD194–5 and MC135–6.
- The monument is paid for from a Memorial Fund established after Shoghi Effendi’s passing. Money in excess of the amount required is spent on the teaching work and on the construction of the Temples. [MC132]
- Marble for the monument came from Chiampo, Italy as for the Archives Building, the Shine of the Báb, the Seat of the Universal House of Justice, The Terraces project, the Monument Gardens and the Houses of Worship in India and Samoa. [BWNS1223]
||Shoghi Effendi; Shrine of Baha’u’llah