Search for tag "Shrine of the Bab"
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1898 (In the year)
||`Abdu'l-Bahá instructed that the remains of the Báb be brought from their hiding place in Tihrán to the Holy Land. [BBD209]
Picture of the shipping crate.
||Bab, Remains of; Haji Muhammad; Shrine of the Bab
|1955 15 Nov
||Shoghi Effendi announced that thirty of the fifty-two pillars, each over seven metres high, had been raised and that half of the nine hundred tons of stone ordered from Italy had been safely delivered at the Port of Haifa. He also said that a contract for over $15,000 had been placed with the tile factory in Utrecht for over 7,000 green tiles to cover the 500 square metres of the roof. [MBW95]
He announced as well:
the purchase of a plot of land adjacent to the resting-place of the Greatest Holy Leaf for $100,000,
the purchase of the dilapidated house situated south of the Mansion at Bahjí in which 'Abdu'l-Bahá used to receive friends, among them the first party of Western pilgrims after Bahá'u'lláh's passing,
a plot of land situated in the neighbourhood of the Shrine of the Báb,
and that the formalities had been completed in the purchase of the site of the future Mashriqu'lAdhkár on Mt. Carmel. [MBW78-79, 95]
The transfer of the deeds for the above plots of land were being transferred to the name of the Israel branches of the United States, The British, the Persian the Canadian and the Australian Baháa'í National Spiritual Assemblies. [MBW95]
||International Bahai Archives; Bahji; Shrine of the Bab; Mashriqul-Adhkar (House of Worship); Abdul-Baha, Tea House of; Arc; Z****
||A completely new electrical system was installed in the Shrine of the Bab. [Bahái Chronicles]
||Shrine of the Bab; Z****