Search for tag "Siegfried Schopflocher"
|1877. 26 Sep
||Birth of Siegfried Schopflocher, Hand of the Cause of God, in Germany.
||Furth; Bavaria; Germany
||Siegfried Schopflocher; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
||Siegfried Schopflocher, Hand of the Cause of God, became a Bahá'í.
||Siegfried Schopflocher; Hands of the Cause
|1953 27 Jul
||Siegfried (Fred) Schopflocher, Hand of the Cause of God, passes away in Montreal and is buried beside the grave of Sutherland Maxwell in Mount Royal Cemetery. He was born in Germany in 1877. [BW12:664-666, LOF390, TG119, CBNS 24 July 2014, Bahá'í Chronicles, SCRIBD, Schopflocher, Siegfried (1877–1953) by Will C. van den Hoonaard]
- Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the second contingent on the 29th of February, 1952. [MoCxxiii]
- See TG32, 228 for a short biography.
- See Schopflocher, Siegfried by Will C. van den Hoonaard.
- For his obituary see BW12:664–6.
- He was known as the “Temple Builder” because of his great contributions to the completion of the first Mashriqu’l-Adhkár of the West. [BW12:664-666]
- For a brief biography see Bahá'í Chronicles.
||Siegfried Schopflocher; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, Second Contingent; Mashriqul-Adhkar, Wilmette
|1953 7 Dec
||Jalál Kházeh is appointed a Hand of the Cause of God after the passing of Hand of the Cause of God Siegfried Schopflocher. [GBF111–12; MBW55]
||Jalal Khazeh; Siegfried Schopflocher; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Appointments
||The passing of Florence Evaline (Lorol) Schopflocher in Montreal (b.1886)
- Wife of Hand of the Cause of God Siegfried Schopflocher. For his "In Memoriam" see BW7p664.
- She circled the globe nine times on travel teaching tours and visited some 86 countries, many of them multiple times. She travelled to Iran twice visiting parts not previously visited by Western Bahá'ís.
- She visited the Guardian 11 times.
- She had several audiences with King Feisal in Iraq and discussed the question of the House of Bahá'u'lláh in Baghdád with him.
- Favourite themes for her public talks were the World Order letters of Shoghi Effendi and the emancipation and education of women.
- She was interred in the Mount Royal Cemetery in Montreal.
A radiant star went from the West to the East. [BW15p488-489
- Find a grave
|Montreal; Quebec; Canada
||Lorol Schopflocher; Siegfried Schopflocher; Births and deaths; In Memoriam; House of Bahaullah (Baghdad)
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Schopflocher, Siegfried, by Will C. van den Hoonaard (1993). Short biography of a prominent Baha''i from a German-Jewish background who served as a Hand of the Cause of God. [about]
- Schopflocher, Siegfried, by Will C. van den Hoonaard, in The Bahá'í Encyclopedia (2009). On the Canadian Bahá’í of German-Jewish background named by Shoghi Effendi a Hand of the Cause of God in 1952. [about]