Search for tag "Social Action"
|1983 21 - 23 Nov
||A brief entitled The Future of Canada: A Bahá’í Perspective is presented to The Royal Commission on the Economic Union and Development Prospects of Canada on behalf of the Canadian Bahá’í Community through the National Spiritual Assembly in Saskatoon. [The Future of Canada: A Bahá’í Perspective]
||Social action; Ethics; Economics; Consultation; Agriculture; Women; Native Americans; Elderly; Education
|1995 23 Jan
||To response to the increased attention given to the issues of social and economic development following the Earth Summit in Rio in 1992, the Universal House of Justice asked the Bahá'í International Community's Office of Public Information to prepare a statement on the concept of global prosperity in the context of the Bahá'í teachings. The statement is entitled The Prosperity of Humankind.
[Mess86-01p417-8, The Prosperity of Humankind]
||Prosperity of Humankind (statement); Social and economic development; Social action; Bahai International Community
|2012 26 Nov
||The Universal House of Justice shares, in a message to all National Assemblies, a statement prepared by the Office of Social and Economic Development at the Bahá’í World Centre, a statement on the subject of and with the title of, Social Action. The statement offers a brief overview of the involvement of the Bahá’í community in the area of social and economic development, placing it in the context of current activity at the level of the cluster. In this connection, the House of Justice has requested us to make clear that the distribution of the document should not be seen as a call for widespread action in this area; it is intended as an instrument to raise further consciousness about the nature of social action and some of the methods it employs.
[Message from the Universal House of Justice dated 26 November, 2012]
from the main catalogue
- Bahá'í Health Initiatives in Iran: A preliminary survey, by Seena B. Fazel and Minou Foadi, in The Bahá'ís of Iran: Socio-historical Studies, ed. Dominic Parviz Brookshaw & Seena B. Fazel (2008). Baha'i-related initiatives in Iran in the 19th-20th centuries: Baha'is made important contributions to public health such as introducing showers in public baths, school vaccinations, women's health, and privately-financed clinics open to all Iranians. [about]
- Five Year Plan, The: 2006-2011: Messages of the Universal House of Justice, by Universal House of Justice (2006). Five Ridvan messages, one message to the Counsellors, and three other letters. [about]
- For the Betterment of the World: The Worldwide Bahá'í Community's Approach to Social and Economic Development, by Office of Social and Economic Development (2003). Essays, photographs, and overviews of local projects around the world, illustrating how Bahá'í principles are being carried out in practice, prepared by the Office of Social and Economic Development of the Bahá'í International Community. [about]
- Participation in Politics and Social Activities, by Universal House of Justice (2013). Collaboration with political parties that are in opposition to a government is considered a form of involvement in politics. Baha'is must learn how to participate in civil activities while abstaining from partisanship. [about]
- Proselytizing, Development, and the Covenant, by Universal House of Justice, in Messages from the Universal House of Justice: 1963-1986, The Third Epoch of the Formative Age (1996). Teaching vs. proselytization; applying Baha'i social teachings without becoming ensnared in prevailing cultural mores; and the uniqueness of the Baha'i covenant. [about]
- Social Action, by Office of Social and Economic Development (2012). A paper sent to all LSAs, and the subject of the plenary talk by Valerie Dana at the 2012 SED conference (Orlando, FL). Prepared by the Office of Social and Economic Development of the Bahá'í World Centre. [about]
- Во имя улучшения мира: Подход мирового сообщества Бахаи к социально-экономическому развитию, by Международное Сообщество Бахаи. Несмотря на десятилетия серьезных усилий и огромные финансовые вложения, не появилось ни одной ясной стратегии развития, но лишь общее чувство отчаяния от неудач в достижении высоких целей развития. [about]