Search for tag "Sofia"
||Marion Jack arrives in Sofia, Bulgaria, to begin her pioneering service.
|1932 23 Nov
||George Adam Benke passes away in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Shoghi Effendi calls him the first European martyr. [LDG1:263; MC359]
- For his obituary see BW5:416–18.
||George Adam Benke; martyr
||The first Local Spiritual Assembly of Sofia, Bulgaria, is elected.
|1954 25 Mar
||The passing of Marion Jack (General Jack) at her pioneer post in Sofia, Bulgaria at the age of 87. She had been at her post since 1931. [BWNS385, Never be Afraid to Dare p. 227]
See also Marion Jack: Immortal Heroine by Jan Jasion
See CBNOctober1979 for tributes as well as a photo of her gravesite.
||Marion Jack; General Jack; pioneer
|1954 25 Mar
||Marion Jack passes away in Sofia, Bulgaria. [BW12:674; CF163]
- Shoghi Effendi calls her ‘a shining example to pioneers of present and future generations of East and West’. [CF163]
- For her obituary see BW12:674–7.
- See also BFA2155; MC359.
- For a photo of her gravestone see CBNOct1972p.10.
||Marion Jack; pioneer
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Bulgaria is formed with its seat in Sofia. [CBN Jan92 p2, BINS270:1; BW92–3:119; VV121]
- For picture see BINS279:9.
|1996 23 – 24 Mar
||The first National Women's Seminar of Bulgaria is held in Sofia, organized by the European Task Force for Women. [BINS365:8]
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Women; Women; First conferences