Search for tag "Star of the West"
|1910 21 Mar
||The first issue of the Bahá'í News is published in Chicago. [BFA2:XVII; BW10:179]
- See BFA2:320–2, BW8:927 and SBBH1:116–17 for the magazine's development.
- It is the first Bahá'í magazine published in the West. [BBD2 14]
- Star of the West is published as Bahá'í News (Volume 1, Issues 1-19 from 21 March, 1910 until 2 March, 1911) and later under Star of the West /The Bahá'í Magazine (Volume 2 to Volume 25, 21 March, 1911 until 25 March,1935).
- Its editors were Albert Windust and Gertrude Buikema. Others involved with its publication over its history were Albert and Emily Vail, Dr. Zia Bagdadi, Ahmad Sohrab, Edna M. True; with Horace Holley and Stanwood Cobb being singled out as early contributors. [Duane Troxel]
For an access to the Star of the West archives see http://www.starofthewest.info/. This site is not searchable.
||Star of the West; Baha'i News; Baha'i Magazine
||Star of the West volumes chronicle both the first and second Western journeys of `Abdu'l-Bahá.
||Star of the West; First Western tour by `Abdu'l-Baha'
|1916 8 Sep
||The first five Tablets of the Tablets of the Divine Plan are published in Star of the West. [BBD219; 5w7, 10:87-91]
- For editorial comment see SW7, 10:86.
- After this, communication is cut off with the Holy Land. [BBD219]
||Tablets of the Divine Plan; Star of the West
||An article entitled `Bahai Organization: Its Basis in the Revealed Word' appears in Star of the West. [SW13, 12:323-8]
- The purpose of the article is to convince those who are opposed to a structured form of Bahá'í administration. [BBRSM123]
||Bahai Organization; Star of the West; Baha'i administration; Opposition
from the main catalogue
- Excerpts from Bahá'í Magazine Star of the West (1910, in Star of the West (2002). [about]
- Star of the West: Complete issues, in Star of the West (1910). Star of the West was a US Bahá’í newsletter published between 1910 and 1935. [about]
- Star of the West: Use of, in Electronic Form, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Guidance on use of the publication Star of the West in electronic form as well as advice on how to describe the authoritativeness of the material [about]