Search for tag "Star of the West"
|1910 21 Mar
||The first issue of the Bahá'í News is published in Chicago. [BFA2:XVII; BW10:179]
- See BFA2:320–2, BW8:927 and SBBH1:116–17 for the magazine's development.
- It is the first Bahá'í magazine published in the West. [BBD2 14]
- Star of the West is published as Bahá'í News (Volume 1, Issues 1-19 from 21 March, 1910 until 2 March, 1911) and later under Star of the West /The Bahá'í Magazine (Volume 2 to Volume 25, 21 March, 1911 until 25 March,1935).
- Its editors were Albert Windust and Gertrude Buikema. Others involved with its publication over its history were Albert and Emily Vail, Dr. Zia Bagdadi, Ahmad Sohrab, Edna M. True; with Horace Holley and Stanwood Cobb being singled out as early contributors. [Duane Troxel]
For an access to the Star of the West archives see http://www.starofthewest.info. This site is not searchable.
|Chicago; United States
||Star of the West; Bahai News; - Periodicals; Firsts, Other
||Star of the West volumes chronicle both the first and second Western journeys of `Abdu'l-Bahá.
||Star of the West; Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Abdul-Baha, First Western tour; Abdul-Baha, Second Western tour
|1916 8 Sep
||The first five Tablets of the Tablets of the Divine Plan are published in Star of the West. [BBD219; 5w7, 10:87-91]
- For editorial comment see SW7, 10:86.
- After this, communication is cut off with the Holy Land. [BBD219]
||Tablets of the Divine Plan; Star of the West
from the main catalogue
- Excerpts from Bahá'í Magazine Star of the West (1910-1935), in Star of the West (2002). [about]
- Letters Written on Behalf of the Guardian, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 8 (2007). Three questions: Letters Written on Behalf of Shoghi Effendi; Status of Research Department Memoranda; Bahá'í Writings Based in Fact? [about]
- Star of the West: Complete issues, in Star of the West (1910). Star of the West was a US Bahá’í newsletter published between 1910 and 1935. [about]
- Star of the West Book 1: Contents lists of the Persian sections, in Star of the West, Volumes 1:8 - 2:11. [about]
- Star of the West Volume 1, in Star of the West, Vol. 1 (English text only). [about]
- Star of the West: Use of, in Electronic Form, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Guidance on use of the publication Star of the West in electronic form as well as advice on how to describe the authoritativeness of the material [about]
- Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh and `Abdu'l-Bahá from Star of the West, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Star of the West, Book 1 (1978). Compilation of tablets translated and published in Book 1 of the 1978 reprint of Star of the West, which contains all of Vol. 1, March 1910, and Vol. 2 to Number 11, September 1911. [about]
- Tablets, Instructions and Words of Explanation: For the Assemblies and Meetings of the Bahais of the United States and Canada, by Abdu'l-Bahá (1919). First publication of the entire Tablets of the Divine Plan. [about]