Search for tag "Statistics"
||By this year at least 70 Bahá'í books and pamphlets have been produced in English. [BBRSM:103–4]
There are about two dozen Bahá'ís in Canada by this year. [BFA2:158]
||Publishing; Bahai literature; English language; Translation; Growth; Statistics
||The United States census shows 2,884 Bahá'ís. [BBRSM:105; SBBH1:117]
||In this year there are 579 localities in the world in which Bahá’ís live, 102 local spiritual assemblies, nine national spiritual assemblies, and about eight languages into which Bahá’í literature is translated. [BBRSM160–1]
||NSA; LSA; statistics
||There are still only 30 Bahá’ís in Canada by this date. [BBRSM186]
|1969 10 Jul
||The Universal House of Justice announce an increase in the total number of members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith to thirty-eight. [MUHJ63-86]
|1970 15 June
||Worldwide Bahá'í Statistics [CBN248February1971p11]
Countries opened to the Faith:
Independent countries 134
Significant territories and islands 179
Number of localities where Bahá'ís reside 43,341
Number of local spiritual assemblies 10,318
|1990 26 Nov
||The number of the Auxiliary Board members was increased from 756 to 846. [AWH89]
||Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; Statistics
||Number of National Assemblies - 155
Number of Local Assemblies - more than 17,000
Number of nationalities and tribes represented is estimated at 2,112 [B'91pg54 note 2]
Number of localities - over 108,000. [CoB375]
Number of languages - over 800 [B'91pg3]
||The Three Year Plan (1993-1996) is launched. [VV142]
- For statistics about the Bahá'í Faith at the beginning of the Plan see BW92–3:311–14 and BW93–4:323–6.
||Three Year Plan; statistics; Teaching Plans
|2000 29 Oct
||The commencement of a new five-year term of service for members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors for the Protection and Propagation of the Faith. The number of Counsellors remained at eighty-one. The appointments were:
- AFRICA (19 Counsellors): Beth Allen, George Allen, Beatrice Asare, Asfaw Tessema, Niaz Bushrui, Mehraz Ehsani (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Clement-Thyrrel Feizoure, Kobina Fynn, Ibrahim Galadima, Kamaye Moussa, Eddy Lutchmaya, Enos Makhele, Maina Mkandawire, Rachel Ndegwa, Muhammad Otmani, Ahmad Parsa, Garth Pollock, Antoinette Ziehi, Tiati a Zock.
- THE AMERICAS (19 ounsellors): Eugene Andrews, Eloy Anello, Stephen Birkland, Gustavo Correa, Irma Nelly de Dooki, Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, Angelica Huerta, Antonio Gabriel Marques, Herve Masrour, Catherine Monajjem, Rebequa Murphy, Carmen Elisa de Sadeghian, Arturo Serrano, Crystal Shoaie, David Smith, Marilyn Smith, Leticia de Solano, Rodrigo Tomas (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Dorothy Whyte.
- ASIA (19 Counsellors): Fadel Ardakani, Baatar Uransaikhan, Nidavanur Baskaran, Irene Chung, Jabbar Eidelkhani, Bijan Farid, Elena Grouzkova, David Huang (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Humaida Jumalon, Lee Lee udher, Delafruz Nassimova, Lori Noguchi, Jaya Gopan Ramasamy, Lateef Rashid, Foad Reyhani, Payam Shoghi, Zena Sorabjee, George Soraya, Rosalie Tran.
- AUSTRALASIA (11 Counsellors): Beatrice Benson, Donald Blanks, David Chittleborough (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Jalal Mills, Sirus Naraqi, Manijeh Reyhani, Heather Simpson, Henry Tamashiro, Erama Ugaia, Robin White, Fereidoun Yazdani.
- EUROPE (13 Counsellors): Fevziye Baki, Alla Borets, Uta von Both, Firouzeh Moghbel, Paul Ojermark, Patrick O'Mara (Trustee of the Continental Fund), Shahriar Razavi, Ilhan Sezgin, Nosrat Tirandaz, Nicola Towfigh, Larissa Tsutskova, Sohrab Youssefian, Ivo Zerbes.
- The following believers were relieved of the duties of membership on the Boards of Counsellors: Borhanoddin Afshin, Ben Ayala, Hooshidar Balazadeh, Patricia Coles, Parvine Djoneydi, Wilma Ellis, Tod Ewing, Shidan Fat'he-Aazam, Linda Gershuny, Louis Henuzet, Hizzaya Hissani, Nobuko Iwakura, Abbas Katirai, Zekrullah Kazemi, Kim Myungjung, Jacqueline Left Hand Bull, Betra Majmeto, Peter McLaren, Alejandra Miller, Perin Olyai, Nabil Perdu, Maija Pihlainen, Ruth Pringle, Polin Rafat, Daniel Ramoroesi, Shapour Rassekh, Cyrus Rohani, Vicente Samaniego, Isabel de Sanchez, Bruce Saunders, Errol Sealy, Edith Senoga, Farhad Shayani, Tiberiu Vajda, Lally Warren, Wingi Mabuku. [From a message from the Universal House of Justice dated the 29th of October, 2000]
||Counsellors; Counsellors, Appointments; Continental Funds; Statistics
|2016 25 Nov
||In a message addressed to the Bahá'ís of the World on of the Day of the Covenant, the Universal House of Justice marked the beginning of a new five-year term of service for the Auxiliary Board Members and announced an augmentation in the number of members by 144 bringing the total to 1,134 members distributed evenly between the Propagation and the Protection Boards.
In the same message it announced plans for a series of conferences called by the International Teaching Centre where the Auxiliary Board Members would be assisted in the deepening of their understanding of the spiritual nature of their work and the wide-ranging responsibilities they will shoulder.
||Auxiliary Board Members and assistants; Statistics
from the main catalogue
- 20,000 Martyrs, Source of Statements about, by Universal House of Justice (1984). Two letters from the Research Department: one from 1984 identifies the source of the statement that 20,000 Bábís were martyred, and one from 2005 says that this source has not actually been found. [about]
- Achievements and Victories of the Guardianship: Statistics, chronology, and bibliography (1982). List of books written, assemblies founded, Hands of the Cause appointed, and Plans for Expansion conceived. [about]
- Achievements of the Seven Year Plan, 1979-1986, by Ahang Rabbani, in Bahá'í News, 12:676 (1987). Construction progress at the Baha'i World Centre; expansion of the BIC; international conferences; formations of Local and National Assemblies; teaching initiatives; publications and proclamations. [about]
- Archives, Bahá'í: Preserving and Safeguarding the Sacred Texts, by Universal House of Justice, in Andalib, 12:48 (1993). Includes estimated numbers of Tablets revealed, and numbers of Tablets archived at the Baha'i World Center; prepared by the Archives Office on behalf of the House. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith 1957-1988, The: A Survey of Contemporary Developments, by Peter Smith and Moojan Momen, in Religion, 19 (1989). A general account of developments in the Bahá'í Faith during these three decades. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith, The: 1844-1950: Information Statistical and Comparative (1950). [about]
- Bahá'í Faith, The: 1844-1963: Information Statistical and Comparative, Including the Achievements of the Ten Year International Bahá'í Teaching & Consolidation Plan 1953-1963 (1963). Statistical information compiled by the Hands of the Cause of God residing in the Holy Land regarding the Baha'i Faith and its growth. Shoghi Effendi used to gather and publish such statistical data. One can see exactly where the Faith stood at that time. [about]
- Bahá'í membership statistics, by Robert Stockman (1998). Statistics on the American community from 1998, and notes on how membership numbers are calculated. [about]
- Bahá'í Population of India, 1991, in Census of India 1991 (1995). Various figures from a government census. May be inaccurate. [about]
- Bahá'í World Statistics 2001, by Bahá'í World Centre Department of Statistics (2001). Statistics from the BWC, prepared and with notes added by Bolhuis. [about]
- Bahá'ís, in The World's Religions in Figures: An Introduction to International Religious Demography (2013). Statistics of Baha'i populations in 1910 and 2010, growth rates, and geographic distribution. [about]
- Enrollments and limited growth of the Bahá'í community, by Universal House of Justice (2002). The lack of significant numerical growth in certain Western Baha'i communities is related to the preceding decades of struggle, achievement and disappointment. [about]
- Localities where Bahá'ís live (world, 1956): simplified map, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 12 (April 1950-1954) (1956). [about]
- Localities where Bahá'ís live (world, 1963): The Bahá'í World Community, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 13 (1954-1963) (1970). [about]
- Marshall Islands population statistics, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Populations of the Marshall Islands, and explanation of a directive by the Universal House of Justice that teachers travel to an island that was uninhabitable because of radiation. [about]
- National Spiritual Assembly members who are women, Percentage of, 1953-2007, by Bahá'í World Centre (1998). Two letters from the House, with attached tables, showing the number of women serving on NSAs 1953-1993, 1987-1997, and 1997-2007. Includes graphs showing numbers and percent of women serving on NSAs by continental region. [about]
- Number of tablets revealed by Bahá'u'lláh, by Robert Stockman and Juan Cole (1999). Informal accounting of the number of writings of Bahá'u'lláh. [about]
- Police Forces Bearing Arms, Bahá'í Enlistment in, by Universal House of Justice, in Bahá'í Studies Bulletin, 3:4 (1995). Two letters from the House on joining armed police forces, e.g. the Ulster Defence Regiment and the police force in Northern Ireland, and whether they would be allowed to bear arms. Also discussion of consummating marriage, and marrying an atheist. [about]
- Religious Behavior and Neuroticism, Spontaneity, and Worldmindedness, by James J. Keene, in Sociometry, 30:2 (1967). Baha'is were included in a broad survey of religious thoughts and actions, and their attitudes statistically compared with followers of other faiths. [about]
- Statistical Information on the Bahá'í Faith: 1994, by Bahá'í International Community, in The Bahá'ís. Statistics on the number of Baha'is in the world and in certain territories and the activities of Baha'is. [about]
- Statistical information on the Bahá'ís of the United States, 1979, by Bahá'í World Centre (1979). Document issued to delegates to the annual National Spiritual Assembly elections, April 1979. [about]
- Statistics on Members of the Universal House of Justice, in The Last Refuge: Fifty Years of the Universal House of Justice (2015). 2-page chart showing the nationality, years served, and membership changes of the Universal House of Justice, 1963-2015. [about]
- Texts, Sacred, Numbers and Classifications of, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 10 (2002). Three letters, from 2002, 2010, and 2013, about numbers of Sacred Texts catalogued by the Baha'i World Center and their classification into "authenticated," "revised," and "transcribed." [about]
- Women Serving as Continental Counselors or in the International Teaching Centre, Percentage of: 1980-2010, by Universal House of Justice (2013). Chart showing the percentage of women serving as members of the Continental Boards of Counsellors from 26 November 1980 — when the number of Boards was fixed at five — until November 2010. [about]