Search for tag "Suicide"
||Nabíl, inconsolable at the death of Bahá'u'lláh, commits suicide by drowning himself in the sea. [AB56; BBD167; BKG427–8; DH81; EB270; GPB222]
- He leaves a note paying homage to `Abdu'l-Bahá, writing the date of his death in the single Arabic word `Gharíq' (drowned), the numerical value of which is AH 1310 (AD 1892–3). [MF35; RB1:205]
- See DH81 for his own epitaph.
- He is buried in the Muslim Cemetery near `Akká. [DH81]
- He is one of 19 Apostles of Bahá’u’lláh.
from the main catalogue
- Death of Death, The: A Study of Self-Annihilation and Suicide in the Light of Sufi Thought and Bahá'u'lláh's Early Texts, by Bernardo Bortolin Kerr (2014). On theories of suicide in the field of conventional psychology and the writings of Baha'u'llah. [about]