Search for tag "Sultan `Abdu'l-`Aziz"
|1868. 26 Jul
||Sultán `Abdu'l-`Azíz issues a firmán condemning Bahá'u'lláh to perpetual banishment. [BKG283–4; GPB179, 186; RB2:401–2]
- See RB2:402 for a list of those included in the edict.
- BKG261, GPB181 and RB2:403 indicate that it was not until the party reached Gallipoli that they were informed that their ultimate destination was `Akká.
- BBD40 says that it was because of the disloyal Mírzá Yahyá's plotting against Bahá`u`lláh that the Turkish authorities condemned Him to perpetual imprisonment in `Akká.
||Sultan `Abdu'l-`Aziz; Khurshid Pasha; firman
|1876. 30 May
||Sultán `Abdu'l-`Azíz is deposed. [BBR485]
|1876. 4 Jun
||`Abdu'l-`Azíz either commits suicide or is assassinated. [BBD2; BBR485; GPB225]
Accession of Murád V to the throne. [BBR485]
- Bahá'u'lláh predicted his downfall in the Lawh-i-Fu'ád. RB3:87]
- Bahá'u'lláh stated that the tyranny of Sultán `Abdu'l-`Azíz exceeded that of Násiri'd-Dín Sháh because the Sultán exiled Bahá'u'lláh to the Most Great Prison without any reason whereas the Sháh had reason to be fearful of the Bahá'ís because of the attempt on his life. [BKG412]
- Bahá'u'lláh addressed two Tablets to the Sultán including the Súriy-i-Mulúk (Tablet to the Kings) but he did not respond. [BBD2]
||Sultan `Abdu'l-`Aziz; Nasiri'd-Din Shah; Murad V; Lawh-i-Fu'ad; Suriy-i-Muluk