Search for tag "Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book)"
|1867. c. 15 - 21 Dec
||During His short stay at this house Bahá'u'lláh also revealed the Súriy-Mulúk (Súrih of Kings). [BKG245; GPB171–2; RB2:301-336; BW19p584]
This is described by Shoghi Effendi as ‘the most momentous Tablet revealed by Bahá'u'lláh', in which He, ‘for the first time, directed His words collectively to the entire company of the monarchs of East and West'. [GPB171]
See GPB172–5 and RB2:301–25 for a description of the content of the Tablet.
Tablet to the Kings (Súratu'l-Mulúk):
Tablet study outline by Jonah Winters.
An Introduction to the Súratu'l-Haykal (Discourse of The Temple) by Mohamad Ghasem Bayat.
In The Bahá'í Faith 1844-1953: Information Statistical & Comparative p41 Shoghi Effendi dated this tablet as "1863". Given the intense activity of that year an assumption was made that it was revealed near the end of the year in either Constantinople or Adrianople.
Chronological list of significant events related to Bahá'u'lláh's historic pronouncement in the Súriy-i-Múlúk
- Fall of the French Monarchy (1870)
- Virtual extinction of the Pope's Temporal Sovereignty (1870)
- Assassination of Sultán 'Abdu'l-'Azíz (1876)
- Assassination of Násiri'd-Dín Sháh (1896)
- Overthrow of Sultán 'Abdu'l-Hamíd II (1909)
- Fall of the Portuguese Monarchy (1910)
- Fall of the Chinese Monarchy (1916)
- Fall of the Russian Monarchy (1917)
- Fall of the German Monarchy (1918)
- Fall of the Austrian Monarchy (1918)
- Fall of the Hungarian Monarchy (1918)
- Fall of the Turkish Monarchy (1922)
- Collapse of the Caliphate (1924)
- Fall of the Qájár Dynasty (1925)
- Fall of the Spanish Monarchy (1931)
- Fall of the Albanian Monarchy (1938)
- Fall of the Serbian Monarchy (1941)
- Fall of the Italian Monarchy (1946)
- Fall of the Bulgarian Monarchy (1946)
- Fall of the Rumanian Monarchy (1947)
[The Bahá'í Faith 1844-1953: Information Statistical & Comparative p41-42]
|Edirne; Adrianople; Turkey
||Suriy-i-Muluk (Surih to the Kings); Tablets to kings and rulers; History (general); Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book); Bahaullah, Writings of; Bahaullah, Life of; - Basic timeline, Condensed; - Basic timeline, Expanded; Bahaullah, Basic timeline; Peace; World peace (general); Z^^^^
|1868 – 1870
||During this period Bahá'u'lláh revealed a number of Tablets to rulers including the Lawh-i-Ra'ís to `Alí Páshá, His second Tablet to Napoleon III and Tablets to Czar Alexander II, Queen Victoria and Pope Pius IX. [BBD13]
President Grant of the United States was in office when Bahá'u'lláh addressed a Tablet to the `Rulers of America and the Presidents of the Republics therein'. [BFA1:80N]
||Ali Pasha; Napoleon III; Pope Pius IX; Popes; Christianity; Queen Victoria; Alexander II; Lawh-i-Napulyun (Tablet to Napoleon III); Lawh-i-Pap (Tablet to Pope Pius IX); Lawh-i-Malikih (Tablet to Queen Victoria); Lawh-i-Malik-i-Rus (Tablet to Alexander II); President Grant; Lawh-i-Rais (Tablet to Sultan Ali Pasha); Tablets to Kings and rulers; Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book); Bahaullah, Life of; Bahaullah, Writings of; Bahaullah, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Expanded; Peace; World peace (general); Z^^^^
|2002 1 May
||The publication of The Summons of the Lord of Hosts by Bahá'í World Centre Publications. The 272-page book contained authoritative English translations of six major works written by Bahá'u'lláh between 1868 and 1870. Collectively, the works clearly enunciates His claim to prophethood and offers a prescription for peaceful and just leadership in the modern world as offered to the the monarchs and religious leaders of His time.
- Specifically, the book collects the Súriy-i-Haykal [Súrih of the Temple], Súriy-i-Ra’ís [Súrih of the Chief], Lawh-i-Ra'is [Tablet of the Chief], Lawh-i-Fu'ad [Tablet to Fu'ad Pasha], Lawh-i-Sultan [Tablet to the Shah of Iran], and Súriy-i-Mulúk [Súrih of the Kings]. [One Country Vol.14 Issue 1, BWNS163]
||Summons of the Lord of Hosts (book); Bahaullah, Writings of; Tablets to kings and rulers; Translation; Publications; Lawh-i-Napulyun (Tablet to Napoleon III); Tablet to Czar Alexander II; Lawh-i-Malikih (Tablet to Queen Victoria); Lawh-i-Sultan (Tablet to Nasirid-Din Shah); Lawh-i-Pap (Tablet to Pope Pius IX)
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Prophecy of Bahá'u'lláh, The: A Backward Bending Supply Curve Theorem, by Sathia Varqa (2006). The fates of some of the dictators to whom Bahá'u'lláh addressed his tablets, and the choices and constraints facing a political dictator in pursuing the objective of maximizing power. [about]
- Summons of the Lord of Hosts, by Bahá'u'lláh (2002). [about]
- Summons of the Lord of Hosts: Cross-Referenced to Proclamation of Bahá'u'lláh, the Leiden List, and Other Works (2003). [about]